“Got What We Needed, a Good Night Sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria

Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Altamont, TN
“Got What We Needed, a Good Night Sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Called to let them know we would be coming in late, and to try to save us a quiet room, which they did just fine. Arrived at 10, heated up some leftovers in the small microwave, used their little refrigerator to good use, slept well in a comfortable bed. Had mentioned a couple of times to the clerk that my intention was to take a hot bath before going to bed, but the room only had a shower, so that didn't happen, but I suspect every room is a shower anyway, so can't really complain there. Breakfast was fine, including small cheese omelets and sausage, as well as the usual bunch of other choices, with a cheerful server. Orange juice seemed particularly watery, though. Served the purpose, and didn't cost anything because we used our HHonors points.

Room Tip: There's construction on one side of the hotel, just be sure to be on the other side near the ent...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works hard to provide a memorable experience for our guests and it is nice to hear from you. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in Alexandria.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. My experience with other Hampton Inns has been positive, and this one was no exception. The room was spacious, well designed, and very comfortable. Breakfast was included with the price of a night, and while I would not want to eat these hotel breakfasts day after day, the one here was better than most. This hotel is convenient to both the interstate and the Alexandria airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the staff and management of the Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, LA, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. There are many options for you when choosing a hotel and we are honored you chose us and we appreciate your kind words.

Our staff takes great pride in providing a memorable experience for our guest and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.

Leesville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here Friday night and we were pleased. Our room was clean ( I'm a housekeeper so I know CLEAN lol) and we arrived in time for the manager's reception so that was really nice also. I was concerned that the construction they were doing would wake us up but luckily they don't work on Saturday's so we were fine. The only bad thing was breakfast! Omg it was horrible! The omelet' s were frozen and sausage was cold! We told the breakfast attendant and she told us, "well put it in the microwave!" She was super rude and unfriendly! All the other Hamptons we have stayed in, the breakfast attendant was nice and helpful! Not at this Hampton! If I ever do stay at this Hampton again, I'll go to McDonald's for breakfast cause clearly breakfast is their weak point.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monica p
On behalf of the staff and management of the Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, LA, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. There are many options for you when choosing a hotel and we are honored you chose us and we appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your comments about the clean rooms. Our housekeeping staff works hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our guests. I am sorry you were disappointed in our breakfast. It is not customary for us to get such a complaint but we obviously did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you so we can strive to wow you on your next trip. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit or call me at any time.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.

Bossier City, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hotel is new, modern, updated, nice rooms. Check in really slow in the pm. Afternoon coffee was never fresh always had to ask for it to be made. Maid service just left clean towels, never made our beds.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Debbie,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, LA, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. There are many options for you when choosing a hotel and we are honored you chose us and we appreciate your kind words and thank you for the constructive criticism.

We welcome feedback from our guests. Fresh coffee in the lobby and clean rooms help set us apart and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations in these areas. It is not customary for us to get such complaints but mistakes can happen. Please rest assured that your information has been addressed and we are taking the necessary action to correct the issues you experienced.

Again thank your kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times and the beds are probably the worst beds I have slept on. They are very hard and uncomfortable. The staff was friendly and the hotel was fairly clean. There was also a glow from the thermostat that was rather bright and annoying.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
You have my sincerest apology that you did not find our beds comfortable during your stay with us in Alexandria. We strive to make every guest feel welcome and at home when staying with us. Every member of our team hates when we fail to exceed each one of our guests’ expectations.

Thank you for your kind words concerning our staff. The staff takes pride in providing excellent service. Please ask for me next time you are in town, it would be a pleasure meeting you and I can show you a way to turn the bright blue light off of the thermostat .

Shreveport, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

There is NOTHING positive I can say about this establishment. Workers were rude, breakfast was disgusting serving something they called sausage which made everyone sick. Pool was not working. Repair and maintenance on this building is way below par. Bugs in the rooms. NO towels available. Happy hour not honored.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
You have my sincerest apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us in Alexandria. We strive to make every guest feel welcome and at home when staying with us. Every member of our team hates when we fail to exceed each one of our guests’ expectations.

I am sorry you missed out on the Manager's Reception (Happy Hour) on Friday night. The reception is available every Monday - Friday night and I know many of the other parents with the ball teams really enjoyed themselves and enjoyed the added late evening ice cream social we hosted for your teams.

You and I discussed the pool issue and the fact that we did not have a guest laundry. Again I apologize about the pool. We are not sure who pulled the pool light out of the pool wall but we could not allow people in the pool after dark with a pool light that did not work and could be an electrical hazard. I know other teams enjoyed the pool during the daylight hours when we could provide the safety we owe to all of our guests. In addition, I agree a guest laundry is a great amenity and we will have one as part of our expansion later this year.

We welcome feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or it is constructive criticism. Thank you for your feedback and I invite you to stay with us next time you are in town. The experience you had is not typical of our hotel as evidenced by our high ranking on Trip Advisor and our 2014 Trip Advisor Award of Excellence.

Bedford, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

1,) Sheets full of hair and stains. 2.) Bath towel was full of whiskers. It looked as if someone wiped their face after they shaved and put the towel back and housekeeper did not notice. 3.) TV reception was terrible. Signal kept going out after just a few minutes. I finally turned the TV off. 4.) No shampoo in the room. (I always travel with shampoo just in case.) 5.) Hotel is under construction as they are adding rooms. Front desk is telling guest that construction starts at 9:00AM. Construction actually starts at 7:00AM. I was already up and around, so this did not bother me, but they may want to make sure that they are properly informing guests. Overall, this is a nice Hampton, however it is not typical of a Hampton as far as cleanliness and quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are excited about our expansion and what it means to our property and to Alexandria, Louisiana. We have plans in place to limit the impact the construction has on our guests. The construction is not supposed to start until 8:00 AM and I have followed up with the construction team to make sure that rule is followed.

Please know that your other issues have been addressed with the staff. I am sorry about the issues in your room. I am surprised you had this issue but mistakes happen and this has been addressed with the proper staff member.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to see you in Alexandria in the future and I would appreciate an opportunity to meet you. Please feel free to call me if you want to discuss this further.