“Nice hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here on our way back to Texas. Very nice and clean place, other than the second floor hallway, smells like an ashtray. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. Other than the smell in the hallway a very nice place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel at a good price. Kids loved the pool. Staff was great. Shuttle service took me to the airport and car rental place. Only 2 things could be better. The whole second floor smelled like cigarette smoke. The room had no refrigerator or microwave. Over all a good hotel at a good price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Very friendly staff, clean well appointed room, great selection for complementary breakfast, and convenient to the airport. Would recommend highly for people needing a short stay. We were visiting the hospital so not sure what local attractions were close.

Room Tip: Recommend staying away from the pool on the first floor.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

When I arrived, there was some issues with my room assignment. I reserved a king room through our corporate travel company. The receptionist told me there were no more king rooms available. After a little research, she provided me with a room to match my reservation. thanks Keena for your excellent customer service. On the next day, I discovered that I had to extend my stay for an additional day. One of the managers, female, can't remember her name was very cooperative and allowed me to stay in the same room.

I went to the front desk to meet with the General Manager Dreaux. I wanted to compliment the employees who were so gracious to help me with my needs. While we were conversing, a very angry male customer got impatient, because he could not open an entrance door. The man walked up to the desk, threw his room key at Dreaux, then began to rant and rave with foul language in the presence of women. Dreaux handled the situation so well. He re-keyed the card for the customer, then told him that he should stop cussing in the presence of women. I was really impressed with the way that he handled the situation.

Room Tip: The hotel is located very close to train tracks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I think this hotel is nice for someone who needs to rest up for a night whilst driving through but I'm afraid to report that the location is no near any restaurants or bars, grills, shopping Malls - nothing but fast food in the area. So BE WARNED. The hotel doesn't offer a service to downtown but you can get a cab - no idea of the price.

The pool was nice and their are lounges and chairs to use in the pool area. No grill to cook on.

The hotel provides a breakfast but the only hot food on the morning we were there was waffles.

The room was really nice and spacious with a fridge and microwave - I wanted to get housekeeping back to do another vacuum but didn't want to be annoying. It did seem they missed a few areas wen cleaning. The air in my room was a bit odd. I woke hot
N stuffy even though it was set to 68. It had shut itself off.

But... I would select this hotel over the others that are situated on the exit. The pool area is the best. Hotel shuttle picks up for. Airport

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The title pretty much says it all. There is no sound insulation and the floors are dirty. My daughters white socks were black after crawling on the floor for fifteen minutes. Oh, and did I mention the train. Very loud.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Out of the three La Quinta Inns I stayed at during a road trip, this was definitely the most spacious, which was great. It is pet friendly at no additional cost. The front desk staff even gave us a treat to give to our dog when we checked in, which I thought was nice. The downside was that this location was more expensive than the other La Quinta locations I have stayed at, so I felt like the "no fees for pets" was built into the room cost, whereas the other La Quinta locations had prices more comparable to other hotels that don't allow pets. Also, unlike other La Quinta locations, this one did not include in room mini fridges. Since we became accustomed to that from the other two we stayed at, this was a bummer. But not a deal breaker. The breakfast area was nice and spacious, though food options seemed to be more limited than what I saw at the other locations.