“Home away from home.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Accomodations were excellent! I travel with my pets- "my little poopoos" and we all enjoyed and felt quite comfortable at your location. Grounds were simply beautiful! Room clean and comfortable. Staff excellent, well informed and very helpful!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Poor preventive maintenance and upkeep drag this hotel down. First room AC did not work. Maintenance was off site driving the van to the airport. I was asked to crawl under the desk and unplug the air conditioner and reset it. Second room was dirty, poorly maintained, in need of repairs. We like LQ and stay there a lot, have never seen on this poor condition. And it's relatively new, so needs motivation in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vernon R
A TripAdvisor Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was on a business trip and have stayed at this location many times. My husband was teaching a Medical training class to a large company in the area. On Friday they take their final exam. I have always requested a late checkout on Fridays to allow my husband the time to finish the written exam and grade it, then come get me at the hotel. My reason for staying at the hotel rather than going to the class is I have my two pups with me. I will always stay at the hotel and do some work there while he is teaching. We do bring a crate with us to put the dogs in when we leave the hotel to eat dinner. On Thursday I had talked to customer service as I was using some of my points to pay. I explained I needed a late checkout. He put it in the reservation and told me to also make sure to let them know at the front desk. Thursday evening I told them at the front desk and was told it was no problem. The late checkout was for 2:00 PM, but I ALWAYS explained that could vary by a little depending on my husband finishing and getting back to get me. Again, told no problem, take your time. Friday, at 1:20 PM the front desk calls and ask what time is my late checkout for. I tell them 2:00 PM (which I know was already in the computer). I again explained that could vary she told me it's OK take your time. At 2 minutes until 2:00 PM housekeeping knocks on the door. I tell them we will be out in a little bit. At 2:00 PM straight up the front desk calls asking what time I will be out. I explain I talked to my husband he is almost finished and will be here shortly. At 2:20 PM Tarnisha from the front desk calls my room. When I answer she tells me and I quote "you need to come down to the lobby immediately." "You have got to get out of that room so housekeeping can clean." She says this in a stern voice like speaking to a criminal. I then tell her she does not need to be so rude and for her to send a bell cap with a cart up for my things. She tells me they do not have a bell cap. I explain to her there is no way I can handle all the luggage and the dogs by myself. She said do you want me to come get your luggage and I said and again I quote "Bring Yourself On." About that time my husband came thru the lobby. Housekeeping was still cleaning rooms on my floor, so they were not just waiting on my room. I will never stay at this location again. I have 2 other business trips to make to Alexandria in August, but will definitely not stay at this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Charlene at the Front Desk was great --- extremely efficient, extremely knowledgeable, and able to make our stay there wonderful Enjoyed how easy it was to find and get to from highway Nice room, wonderful value Enjoyed the breakfast a lot

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The decor of this hotel is nice...nice pool area ....very roomy room...only issues were that the internet signal is very weak..no fridge or microwave in all rooms...and guest laundry was on 3RD floor we were on first ....washer and dryer needs updated....think rate is higher than it should be compared to other la quintas..would stay here if in the area again..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is clean with a very friendly staff. Even though the hotel is easy to access right off the Hwy, the rooms are very quiet. We were there with a ball team and youth group and you could not hear them in our rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here on our way back to Texas. Very nice and clean place, other than the second floor hallway, smells like an ashtray. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. Other than the smell in the hallway a very nice place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family