“Needs attention to details”

Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Our room needed minor repairs throughout the room. There were large cracks in the wall, a burnt spot on the lamp shade, water damage on the ceiling in the bathroom and receptacles missing the cover plates. It also needed more receptacles because they were all taken up by the appliances in the room. The free wifi didn't work though as promised. We had to get our own hotspot to get the wifi we needed. The bathroom did not have an exhaust fan either. The creamer and sweetner for the coffee was hard as a brick which, in my experience, isn't normal. We did have a fridge, tv, hair dryer, and ironing supplies. Beds were comfortable and clean. The shower had the perfect water pressure and temperature. The breakfast lay out was nice and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I thought this hotel was very affordable. I wish I could have stayed in Natchitoches but the price the because of the Xmas season was not that good. We chose to stay in Alexandria instead. I have no regrets. Our room was very comfy. The breakfast was great. The outdoor pool area looked very nice, but not the time of year to be out there. I made use of the computer in the lobby to check emails ect. We also made use of the microwave in the breakfast area. Lots of parking. Main road was right there so easy to get around.. and made a great home base.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They recommended a nice restaurant. The room was plenty plush and I have no complaints. The breakfast was nice also. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice the hotel was. I can recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We felt very welcomed at comfortable here. They brought extra towels, offered an upgrade to help because of 3 kids traveling with my husband and me (which we declined) and were more than gracious. The breakfast was good for Christmas morning. The only thing that niggles in my mind to keep from being 5 circles good is that I accidentally left medicine there and realized it an hour later. I immediately called and looked through every bag I had. They said it wasn't there and even when I called here a week later to be sure, that's still the case. Maybe they didn't find it, I honestly don't know because I hate to accuse unjustly. Even on returning to my home, I have searched my vehicle and every thing. Just be careful about your stuff. Otherwise, I was impressed with the place.

Room Tip: Roll aways are a TIGHT fit. ;) Very spacious without one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Located on an access road, we had to make a sudden left off an interstate-type highway and go back about a block. The Sai is a former Baymont and has had some makeover. The automatic front entry doors are super for wheeling in the load of luggage we drag along. Our check in was quick by the friendly gal on the desk.
Our room was clean and the bed looked inviting. Carpet also clean but shows its age. Very quiet around us but there was not a lot of quests. The a/c worked well providing heat on this cold night.
Some downers: the a/c unit installation was unfinished - no trim, the gap looked ugly. The outlet below the desk was missing its cover. The bathroom was nice but had poor finishing, tiles missing grout and the lower door edge was sanded to bare wood but not restained. Maybe our room is still on a list to be upgraded. TV signal dropped out a few times, mostly during commercials (this was bad how?).
The breakfast was enjoyable.
Couldn't find an easy way to get back on the highway and back to I-49, had to go through town about 2 miles to an on ramp.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel was OK. The room was OK. The front counter staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was OK and the room was OK. However, what do you expect for the price? The only complaint I had was my wife left a charger in the room and the staff "could not find it". We never recovered it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This used to be a Baymont. From the street, it looks like an empty parking lot and a closed convention center. Don't know about the center but the hotel is nice. Updated and nice bed. Only problem I had was with the a/c. It was cold when I got to the room so I just cut it off. Later, the heater came on. By it's self. I cut it off. Then it came on again. Have yet to figure that out.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business