“Good nights sleep”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here for one night on our roadtrip through the south of the US. Had a good nights sleep in a clean hotel room. So what more can you ask for? There's a Dollar Store across the street and other shops a few miles away to keep you occupied.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've stayed there twice now, and this time we needed some extra help. The receptionist went way out of her way to help us, and was very friendly and understanding. That means so much to us. Thank you!!!

The hotel itself is pretty nice. It's fairly newly renovated. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was a little noisy this time with all the kids in the hotel, but that's not really anything they can control.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed there only one night on a trip back to Nashville. Room was very nice and air conditioner was one of the best in any hotel I've stayed at. Bed was comfortable and room was well furnished. Breakfast was delicious and staff was very helpful and courteous and nice. Only drawbacks were pillows were not comfortable and parking was limited.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

On a family road trip in LA, this was one of our stop. Felt welcome by the person in the lobby who was not just friendly but super efficient. The room and beds were perfect, we had a great resting time by the pool.
It could be a 5 for us, if breakfast had a bit more to offer (although the lady taking care of it was just adorable), and in a better location. It was easy to find but we had a real hard time finding a place to eat at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very nice with a pool and a fitness area. Room rate is very reasonable at 89 for two queen beds. Staff was very helpful. Hotel is clean and well kept. The area seems rough but since we have never been hard to judge.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I don't know what else they could do here speaking from our stay and our room (122) which is the 2nd room on the 1st floor next to ice machine, vending, guest laundry, pool entrance. I thought to myself as my husband was opening the room that we are going to be so sorry for accepting this room next to all the above mentioned. I mean I'm giving my darling husband the eye roll for his choice. But...no noise was heard the entire night and my husband love the location of all the above mentioned (which was right across from us!) amenities. The machines looked brand new. The pool was clean and nice furniture/umbrellas AND pool towels. The bedding (restfulnights.com) was fabulous!!! Makes you want to stay in bed all day! I couldn't believe it. Room furniture, carpet, frig, wet bar, micro, iron/board, lighting all worked and not all banged up or stained. The TV was a huge LG and they had lots of stations and beautiful picture. We just had breakfast and it was above average for a comfort inn. The staff was incredibly nice. We were warmly greeted each and every time we walked by them. We loved the whole package.

The town was a little disappointing. The Cajun Pawn store was OK, but I feel like I wasted our time and money driving here out of our way just to go there. Prices were extremely high on most things. Some items I would LOVE to own were just way over our meager budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Alexandria for a three day baseball tournament. when are arrived we were greeted by friendly staff, easy and fast check in. The overall appearance of the hotel was clean and pleasant, average Cookie Cutter Hotel look. When we arrived in our room it appeared and smelled clean, maybe some updating needed in bathroom but not bad. Room was equipped with microwave,refrigerator, & Coffee pot. Beds were Comfortable. I was on the 4th floor and the water pressure for the shower was too weak for me.
Breakfast is served esrly, starting at 4:30 I believe which I thought was helpful for those that have to leave early. Dont get to excited though unless you like hotel waffles or cereal. The eggs seemed fake and rubbery, sausage tasted terrible! My daughter opened a pre packaged muffin that the hotel received from some vendor that was a fuzzy science experiment, YUCK! Needless to say the line for the poor overwoked waffle maker was long.
The main negative suprise I had was when we left for the day to play baseball at 11am. When we returned to our room at 10pm it hadnt been cleaned. I can make my own bed and pick up my own clothes but a family of 4 needs supplies. On the way out that same evening to have a late dinner with the team, we found the night auditor out front. We asked her if we could get towels, shmpoo, and most importantly toilet paper. She said as soon as she finished the cigarette she would gather the items, put them in a bag and put them in our room. We were going out so no problem. When we got back at midnight it appeared we were forgotten again. I went back down stairs and a different front desk lady gathered the items right away. I have never stayed at a Choice Hotel before so I dont know if not resupplying rooms daily is a normal practice, excuse my ignorance. Hilton and Marriot clean and resupply rooms daily. Maybe the hotel was to busy for us.
As for the location, short drive to plenty of restaurants (recommend Get Fresh Seafood Restaurant best catfish & alligato ever had).

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank gatorrat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
3 mi away
Best Western Of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria
4 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Pineville, LA

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!