“Charged for a "do not rent" room”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed 3/6 room 209. Found the bathroom heat lamp on the vanity and the switch box covered with duct tape. Couldn't get hot water for shower. Too tired to mess with it. At check out was told room " was back on the repair list the prior evening and should not have been used", but because we did not complain last night there was nothing the clerk could do. They were to speak to the manager tuesday. Nothing so far.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron M

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The beds were very comfortable, everything was clean and worked. We did not have any issues and the clerks were very nice! The room was quiet. I know we had neighbors but we didn't hear a thing other than their shower running. It was a nice, peaceful night. The breakfast was just ok but we got what we needed. We would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Over Charged my card $50 for a security deposit with out asking or telling me. The door is very hard to open. The main lamp for the room do not work. The carpet needs to be vacuumed badly there was skin and toe nails around the bed. The TV is from 1990 and the room in general is just dirty. Several hairs in the bed. Checked the filters in the ac unit and they were filled with dust. I put down the toilet seat and there was brown stuff on the lid. The shower head is all messed up and sprays all over the place and the tub wont drain fast enough so I took a shower in 4 inches of water. After reading the other reviews I won't be trying the breakfast. Will not be back here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffn92
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The chain was holding a 30% off sale if you booked in advance on the internet, so you couldn’t beat the price. It is on a highway service street making it a little awkward entering and exiting it. Our room was clean and attractive. It was quiet, the shower worked great and the bed was comfortable. What more could you ask for?

The motel has free wifi. You don’t even have to ask for a code. It also had a meeting room and a nice looking gym. The kitchen where they serve their free breakfast is spacious and attractive with plenty of tables.

There were a handful of very minor things wrong. The door was hard to unlock and the light switch by the front door didn’t work making us stumble in the dark to find the switch on a lamp. The morning breakfast had run out of fresh fruit and waffle syrup the day before and they hadn’t replenished yet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Quality Inn was OK. Night clerk was great, the first room we were given the door was open and there was a BIG roach in the tub. The next room was OK. Bed was confortable and room very clean.
Skip the breakfast. The bagel was old and hard, toasting it did not help. The danish was stale, the sausage pattie (not sure what it was suppose to be) was tasteless, heating it up did not work.
There was a lady making waffles on request, I saw several people eating them. Apple and Orange juice was too watered down, the coffee was weak but OK.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy but quiet, clean
and comfortable. Every staff member I interacted with was very nice. When I went for breakfast I was told they didn't have eggs, syrup, or fruit. They were out. Exercise room had what looked like brand new equipment. I tried the treadmill and bike~both were great! When I went to take a shower, the handle broke. When I asked if I could use a shower in another room my request was cheerfully accommodated. Bottom line, stuff happens, but what it boils down to are how the problems are handled and the attitude of the staff. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had a reservation, I would of arrived in town that afternoon, but unfortunely early that morning I recieved a call saying with and attitude" I cancelled your resevation your credit card didn't go through". This person did not offer apology nor did she ask me if I wanted to hold the room with a different credit card. This is not the way to treat a potential guest. Therefore I decided not to even waste my time with that hotel and they will never get my business again. A simple "Goodmorning this is Summer with the Quality Inn your credit card declined for the pre-authorization, would you like me to try another card for you at this time" Poor customer service which would of meant an unpleasant stay for me, no thank you!

Room Tip: If you don't want your card charged before you arrive, don't bother making a reservation her...