“Very clean and comfortable”
Review of Comfort Inn Amite

Comfort Inn Amite
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Amite
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This motel is in a great location right off I-55 and close to shopping and dining. You can walk to a great seafood restaurant, Mike's Catfish Inn. The motel staff are very helpful and welcoming, there is a reasonably priced guest laundry, full breakast, and much more to make it a nice stay. The beds and bedding, including pillows, are extremely comfortable. We truly enjoyed all aspects of our stay.

Stayed: October 2013
GM_CI_Amite, General Manager at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2015

We are happy that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. Please come visit us soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Have stayed here multiple times. It is consistently quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly. I've noticed, also, that the owners seem to make repairs and updates to the facility on a regular basis. I've noticed over time that the carpets have been changed, rooms remodeled and an exercise room added.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the updated rooms. Also, their suites are slightly larger rooms without much more co...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We finally completed our renovation. Please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Clean renovated room. Delores and Lucille made us welcome and went out of their way to be helpful Mr. Patel was very nice and seemed committed to providing good affordable lodging by updating the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
GM_CI_Amite, Owner at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. We have completed our renovation so come and visit us soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Friendly staff good motel owner very nice guy been here five months would stay again if some people say not good motel there are crazy I would recommend to anyone thanks for the stay viral if in area will comeagain

Thanks
Tony

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you Tony. Please come back soon. Please give our regards to your brother.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The paint smell of remodeling was horrible ....had to change rooms to a lower floor to get away from the smell somewhat....late night arrival so not much of a choice. The front desk clerk was friendly, and got me the different room without hesitation....no mattress cover, just a sheet
Sleep was poor ...will possibly be better when renovation is complete , so in my opinion, you should check to see if renovations have been completed before considering this as your choice for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mark h

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please come back and give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night and it will never happen again. First off the 3rd floor is being redone and smells awful which I would have never mentioned had it not been for the rest of the problems. I left the hotel this morning and realized I had left my expensive bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the room. I called back to the hotel way before house keeping would have been in the room. The lady that answered said she would go up and check and call me right back. ( i have friends that live in the area that were able to run get it for me ). 3 hours ater still NO CALL BACK.... I called back and the lady said o they said they threw it in the trash. Ok so I have 2 children at home and on the bottles it had DO NOT TOUCH written on the bottles so my young daughters knew not to use those certain bottles. WOULDN'T THAT TELL YOU ITS IMPORTANT AND TAKE TO LOST AND FOUND????? And being that I called as early as I did there is no way they threw them away that soon!! We are talking $100 stuff just trashed AFTER I PLACED A CALL TO INFORM THEM AND ASK TO KEEP IT!! RUDE. I WILL NEVER BE BACK AND WILL SPREAD THE WORD FOR NO ONE TO EVER USE THIS HOTEL. RUDE STAFF... THERE IS A NOTE ON THE FRONT DESK SAYS REP IS AWAY FROM DESK CALL 0 FROM LOBBY PHONE....WELL ONCE YOU CALL THAT NUMBER NO ONE ANSWERS!! YOU STAND AND WAIT AND WAIT!!!! TERRIBLE IS ONLY WORD TO USE!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TickedOff39653
blaze2000, Owner at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

I am very sorry that you feel you had a very unpleasant stay with us. At the time of your stay our hotel was under renovation. There were two other floors in which we could have moved you to they would have been non-smoking floors, the 3rd floor is our smoking floor in which you requested upon reservation/check-in. Since the staff was not aware of your feelings concerning the smell we were not given the opportunity to address the problem. I am very sorry that due to an oversight on your part that you left your shampoo and conditioner in the room upon your check-out. The staff nor the hotel is responsible for items left in the rooms. Upon you calling the hotel the clerk did check with housekeeping and your items had already been discarded. There was an attempt to call the number you gave to the clerk , but was unsuccessful.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The owner/ manager is a total jerk. I have spent over a thousand dollars at this hotel in the last two years. Everything was fine until I came in to book a room when the new owner/manager was working the front desk. First he would not honor my military discount so I agreed to pay the regular rate because it was late and my family was sleepy. I checked the room while my family waited in the car and noticed crumbs, pebbles and coins around the base of the bed. I pointed out to the manager the stuff on the floor and the stained carpet. I told him that my baby could choke on those things and asked for a cleaner room. He agreed to give me a cleaner room but when he got behind the desk he told me that he did not need my business anymore. He said that he is also co-owner of the Holiday inn down the street and that I could not use that hotel either. Those who gave this hotel good ratings must not have met the owner.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LT James T
blaze2000, Owner at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

The gentleman above had previously stayed at this hotel 2 times in which he has spent less than $300. Therefore the claim of spending thousands of dollars is incorrect.
Second he is not active military personnel, so he does not qualify for the military rate. Thus I offered him the lowest rate possible upon which he agreed to pay.
After check-in he did inform me of a coin he found on the carpet, so I sincerely apologized and offered to change his room to which is agreed to. But as I was making a room key for the new room he asked me to check him out and that he would stay elsewhere. So I apologized once again and did what he asked me to do.
And finally I've owned and managed this property for last 10 years, so I do not understand the wrongful claim of new owner/manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amite
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amite
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#8 of 17 in Hammond
Lexington Inn - Hammond
Lexington Inn - Hammond
#14 of 17 in Hammond
Blythewood Plantation Bed and Breakfast

Been to Comfort Inn Amite? Share your experiences!