“Pictures Lie”
Review of Bass Haven Resort

Bass Haven Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anacoco
Bass Haven Resort
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Wow, what a terrible park! Extremely deceptive advertising on website. We rented a cabin and it was awful. The grounds are horrible. I really can find nothing good to say about this campground. Very expensive store. Looks like part of the park has been abandoned...the water slide was closed and looked like it had been for years...could not see how it could be operational ever again without a huge overhaul. Lots of huge stuff/junk piles on the property..abandoned boats, machinery, etc. The "Marina" was scary. Many make-shift walkways...many abandoned boats...just terrible.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank grayceey

Reviewed 31 May 2013

bass haven campground in defuniak springs is a hell hole. white trash trailer park with absolutely
nothing they advertise on their site. we stayed in the pull through and had several old nasty men walking around shirtless with their beer guts sticking out. the only person that was articulate
and educated enough to carry on a conversation was a gentlemen that owned his own cleaning business and had parked next to us and unloaded his truck. (I forget his name) a real nice guy that lived next to the pull through area. he actually told us that we could use his grill if we wanted to cook anything that day. walking around this abandoned site revealed plenty of safety concerns. dock was closed off ' traffic cones indicating trip hazards and vehicle hazards. what a disaster. avoid this bass haven (trash haven) campground. one more note..... the office where you check in was closed. the owners came later on and demanded money and told us not to use up much energy while attached to their precious outlet. we paid our few bucks for the night and got the hell out of their at the crack of dawn. horrible@@@@@@@@

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank laurel hill fam... a
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This was the most miserable "Resort" i have ever stayed! after taxes we paid almost $500 for 2 nights in cabin 12. As soon as we got there my nephew picked up a clipped toenail and put it in his mouth, the dust on the furniture was so thick you could have grown plants on it. the "Jacuzzi" tub was a joke, the mminute we turned the water on the handle fell off, the shower has weak floors under it and a huge crack in it, my niece got locked in the bathroom because the knobs were not properly installed, we had to use a pocket knife to get her out, there is no cable, no dvd player and the "wifi" they advertise is impossible to pick up, the restaurant is closed so we had to find a town over 25 miles away to go to a grocery store to buy feed to cook, the water slide was closed, the pool reeked of too much chemicals, the "fishing pier" was out of order because the walkway going to it has washed away! there was a enormous amount of piled up junk right in the center of the "Resort" making me nervous for my own kids to play outside! the "resort" or lack thereof has made our family gathering one we will never forget, or repeat! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Room Tip: the only good room i can recommend is one at a different facility!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Crystal H
Reviewed 22 March 2013

my family and i stayed at bass haven during the summer time and we loved it the staff was great they was so nice an kind the manager bobette was great she made sure we had everything we needed and that we was very comfortable during our stay she was awesome.the cabin we stayed in was very nice and clean the beds were comfortable and great very relaxing.my kids loved the water slide and the swiming pool they had a blast and the hamburgers were ou of this world great my family and i just loved the food and burgers overall our stay was great and we loved it we will most defiantly be back this summer we already booked our cabin for this summer.this is a great place to bring your family for a fun and relaxing vacation....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Do not waste your time or money. The pool was closed, the slide was closed, no cable and there is literally a trash dump right in the middle of it. This place is nothing like what is advertised on the website. The only reason I didn't give them the lowest rating is because they gave me my money back. I got the impression they are used to that. Save yourself a headache and find somewhere to stay on the Texas side.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TXCari
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We had a very nice time there. The food was great. Now granted one woman behind the front desk black hair she needs an attitude check but other than that it was awesome. I felt like I could be myself there. The hamburger have to rate a 20 the pool and waterslide was a bonus. I am very much going back every chance I get

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 21 May 2012

i have been to bass haven and havent had nothing but politeness and kindness of workers and managers...i would highly recomend this place for family and party people

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Been to Bass Haven Resort? Share your experiences!