“BELIEVE the reviews!”
Review of Bass Haven Resort

Bass Haven Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anacoco
Bass Haven Resort
Reviewed 5 September 2010

It is NOT a resort! Glorified fish camp. Great location, ok boat launch; the whole place is in disrepair. We rented one bedroom cabin for $95 per nite. Floor was full of sand, bathroom dirty with towels that had more holes than cloth! TV had no sound. Maintenance brought another the second nite, no sound, so they shrugged shoulders walked out, never to be seen again. I did ask for a meal comp and got it. Some of staff were gracious. Barking dogs a bit much. Would never go back. This place has possibilities, but owner(s) or investors will need to put some money into it!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Bass Haven Resort

Reviewed 26 July 2010

We stayed at Bass Haven resort for 3 nights and it wasn't as horrible as people have been reviewing. Yes the towels were in very short supply, but there was plenty of soap and toilet paper (no shampoo). Yes the sheets had orange stains on them, but we just put our own sheets on top. The air conditioner was horrible. We stayed in cabin 12 and didn't acutally sweat, but can't say it acutally cooled off in the living area and master bedroom. Middle bedroom was cool, but nowhere else. Had a ceiling fan in mb, so not too bad. The cabin was vacuumed and sweeped, but it wasn't spotless and the carpet was pretty yucky. I had read reviews before going, so I brought all my own pots, sheets, towels, trash bags and paper products and we were fine. I took it as we were camping and pretty much stayed on the lake most of the time.

Now for the good, pool was great!! Very nice to have another swimming option, especially with the young kids we had. It was clean, but had lots of chlorine. You couldn't ask for a better view or area!

Would I stay here again, nope! But, if you expect to go camping, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a resort... STAY AWAY, this ain't it. Also, be careful about the price. They quoted us $195 a night on the pone and wanted to charge us $250 when we got there. I also heard them talking that there is a new manager coming in, so maybe he will clean up the place a bit.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2010

If you are really into fishing and just don't care about anything else, then you might consider staying here. No boats as advertised, no working cable for TV, nothing clean, nothing stocked, nothing desirable and no help anywhere unless you are offering exhorbitant amounts of money for the biggest dump you have laid eyes on in your life. Just don't bother!!!! Just buy a tent and go to the national forest if that is your thing...this is just a dump that should have been bulldozed decades ago!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike-BHB-------
Reviewed 27 May 2010

This place may look nice when you pull it up on the internet, but it is not one bit. No microwave in cabins, no light at boat slips, wharf was tied together with a rope cause it was broken. There is cables, and tin laying around everywhere. I was so glad I didn't bring my kids cause I would have not let them play outside. This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trae27
Reviewed 8 March 2010

This place leaves alot to be desired unless your a drug head or alcholic. This surley is NOT a place for families to go. If you can find the OWNER he smells of pot and is always stoned not to mention how rude he is. Customer service HAA they don't even know the meaning of these words. I would not allow my dog to stay here, My advise is go on down the road a little farther and find much nicer ammenities. Unless you want to be surrounded by drugs and alchol. WOULD NEVER GO BACK

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank okiegirl_10
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We chose this "Resort", as many others did by the great pictures on the internet. Please do your research before booking your stay. When we arrived at Bass Haven, the cabin that we reserved was so tore up, that they would'nt rent it to us. So they moved us to the HONEY MOON SUITE, which was falling apart and had green stuff growing in the heart shaped tub. Looking outside the cabin towards the lake, there were mounds of trash. There was trash piled up all over the whole resort, as to where we didn't feel safe to let our kid run around and play. This Resort will ruin your stay at Toledo Bend, so please research your choices. We did not stay at this Resort even one night, there was no way.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Camper1LA
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I have never been to a place that was so filthy. We could not walk in our cabin w/o shoes and our cabin had holes in the wall where we could see outside and the holes allowed dirt dobbers and wasp to roam freely in our cabin. TV did not work and they were sending someone to fix it and that did not happen. Their idea of cooking utensils were a 6" skillet and knives and spoons and 1 glass and two coffee cups. A $100 a night cabin that would not hold a candle to a Motel 6. This place was truly a junk yard. If the price was $35 a night I would not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank golfman68

Been to Bass Haven Resort? Share your experiences!