“Centrally located for Maine Camps”

Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here while looking at Central Maine overnight camps -- Androsoggin, Laurel, Wekella and Micah. It's in a good location, clean, typical Marriott Residence Inn. Breakfast was not good, but there are several restaurants in the area and a Starbucks across the street. People are very friendly. Rooms are very clean. Bathrooms need more towels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2013

You probably know the drill. Parents' visiting weekend at camp. We have had campers in Wisconsin and in Maine. In Wisconsin, the hotel near camp was dreadful. Here at the Residence Inn, we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, comfortable hotel. The rooms are large and well designed. The bed was comfortable. The public areas in the hotel are kept very clean. And, the hotel staff was nice enough. It was so much better than we had thought. If you are doing that camp visit, we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay here three years ago. We had cause to return to Auburn so booked this hotel without hesitation.
The service is still wholly proficient, cordial, and sincerely helpful. The facilities are impeccably clean. The hotel has easy access from the highways and is located close to reasonable commercial establishments.
We had a problem with a misbehaving dish washer. The maintenance technician responded promptly and fixed the problem.
My only concern was the room was not made up until late in the afternoon twice; yet it was cleaned properly. After an arduous day of commercial activity, I prefer to return to a prepared room. But all is well in the end, Auburn staff, you run a great facility.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are preferable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn so I don't know if this one is typical or special. I normally stay at Hampton Inns, Fairfield Inns, or Best Western Pluses. The Residence Inn is hands down a much nicer place and well worth the few extra dollars. It has a defined area for a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and of course a bathroom. The kitchen has a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, the works. I was floored by the space and by the quality. The room had central air / heat controlled by a wall mounted thermostat. It was like being at home (maybe a little nicer than being at home! :) ). This particular hotel has a much better than average breakfast (eggs Florentine), about the best you can get without being in a restaurant. There was a patio with fire pit and the usual pool, gym, etc. Everything here was cleaner, nicer, better than average and the staff were fantastic. They also had notices for a happy hour on some evenings during the week which seemed to be little cookouts or similar gatherings which I didn't have time for. I left there wishing my stay was much longer rather than just a one night stop over. Whenever I am back in the area I won't even bother to check any other locations.

Room Tip: I had a discount coupon so I would guess I had one of the less desirable rooms. I cannot imagine how...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel is few years young. It's very convenient, clean and beautiful. There are many shopping places around if you like shopping. We stayed in a one bed room unit. The unit setting is very good with a small full kitchen. It's super clean when we walk in. The sofa bed in the living room is very nice design and good quality. The king bed is perfect. We love it. The hotel also offer free breakfast. The outdoor area outside the main registration, near the pool and exercise rooms are very relaxing. It has a B.B.Q grill and sofa around.

Room Tip: I believe that every room offers the same value. If you have 4 people, the one bedroom unit would be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have not stayed at a Marriott property since a bad experience in Orlando in 2002. In the Lewiston Auburn area – for what I consider “nice” hotels, the only choice used to be the Hilton Garden Inn…which is my normal choice when visiting Lewiston.

I stayed here, primarily because I happened upon a good rate. I was NOT disappointed! The property is not old and it has been very well maintained. The bed was great, the room was spotless, there is a kitchen in the room with microwave and refrigerator (nice touch), and everything was, (unusual for me), incredibly satisfying. The staff (each and every one of them right down to the busboy at breakfast) was professional, friendly and seemed to bend over backwards to make the guests happy. Again, nice touch!

The morning breakfast is more than adequate and they even have an evening supper thing going on some nights of the week – due to previous commitments I didn’t partake, but based on everything else I found at this property, I can only believe it was good.

A number of restaurants are within walking distance, even a mall nearby, and the location is convenient to both Lewiston AND Auburn.

I absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area…I suspect I might have to get a Marriott rewards card if all of them are this good. Really liked it!

Room Tip: 4th Floor Rooms ARE the quiet ones.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Not too many choices of quality hotels in Auburn, ME, but this is definitely at the top of the list. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance, and easy access to Auburn and the surrounding towns.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
#1 of 1 in Oxford
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn? Share your experiences!