“Never fails to impress”
Review of The Bread Shack - CLOSED

The Bread Shack
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

I go here often and there is always something that impresses me. The other day it was the French macaroons
I purchased a doz as a gift. They are a nice size, just a couple of bites and went nicely with the lovely latte served in a bowl. I'm headed back today for a hot cross bun.

There are newer reviews for The Bread Shack

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Best coffee around,great treats.Everyone is so nice.they cut and wrapped our bread.3 times in 3 days we are here for breakfast

Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

We found this little gem of a bakery two years ago and make it a point to stop in whenever we travel to Maine. They have the best almond and chocolate croissants we have found and terrific fresh baked bread. We stop in for a latte and sweet treat before we head out to explore the Maine country side. Wish we had this little gem in our hometown in northern Vermont.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I've lived in Paris, I've had lunch at the Fat Duck and Bouchon, and the sandwich I had at The Bread Shack was among the best I've ever had. Anywhere. The wife and I were passing through Maine and our only regret was not stocking up more before heading home. You guys seriously need to open up a branch in the DC area - the lines would be around the block.

1  Thank henripootel
Reviewed 28 April 2012

As I sat in this lovely Parisian like bakery I was impressed by a common response of folks entering the bakery, "oh, it smells so good in here!". Indeed, not only does it smell good, the pastries were amazing. I started with an almond croissant and a latte. Each was a work of art. The croissant lightly dusted with powder sugar and almonds was a delicious treat, the latte served in a bowl was one of the best I've ever had. I left with two loves of bread and a small lemon tart that I can't wait to try. I plan on returning for lunch soon, they have sandwiches and the cutest little cookies, 2 of which some with the sandwich. I recommend this out of the way bakery for anyone wanting to take a trip to Paris without leaving the state of Maine. Quite a little gem for Lewiston/Auburn and well worth the drive. I can't wait to return with friends to have lunch.