“Wonderful Victorian Inn, Ultra Clean, and Wonderful Hosts”
Review of The Munroe Inn

The Munroe Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Victorian Inn, Ultra Clean, and Wonderful Hosts”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife & I stayed one night in late June 2013. Hosts are very welcoming and very interesting people. The house is a newly renovated Victorian full of antiques and woodwork. Spotlessly clean! Pressed sheets! Large rooms. Great mattresses. Bed was so high, my feet couldn't reach the floor! We had A/C in our room which worked great. Off-street parking. Quiet. Breakfast was "over the top". Reasonably priced. If you like antiques & Victorians, you have to stay at the Munroe!

Room Tip: If you like stained glass, let your hosts know. The room we stayed in had a great stained glass win...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KenandJanH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Auburndale, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The beds at the Munroe Inn are exceptional with crisp, clean linens and beautiful coverings. The breakfast prepared personally by the owners, Dave and Melanie, is tailored to meet the needs of their guests and is delicious. The plus is the event preparation and execution done by the owners. They will host weddings, breakfasts, dinners, and parties for a variety of occasions with the same level of excellence they put into the day to day operations of this beautiful property. We just completed our third visit to this lovely B & B and we loved it as much on visit 3 as we did on the first two. No matter the season, we've been there in October, August, and March, there are always exciting day trips to take from this central point in the state and you just can't beat the hospitality offered by the owners or the meticulously maintained historical beauty of this home. The Maria suite with personal verandah and beautiful stained glass window bathroom is our favorite, very large and accommodating for a long or short stay, but all the suites are gorgeous with their own unique personalities.

Room Tip: Maria suite is our favorite, large bedroom / sitting area, personal verandah, and large bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FLSadieMae
York PA
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at a lovely Victorian Bed and Breakfast. Dave and Melanie were fabulous hosts. The house is as close to going back in time as you can get. Breakfasts were delicious and Melanie actually gave my husband a couple of the receipes. We stayed in the Maria Suite the bed was extremely comfortable with a canopy that gave us a view of a beautiful Summer sky.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Maine
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What I got was a lovingly restored, historic home owned by a family who welcome visitors to their home. Melanie and Dave are wonderful hosts! The house is beautiful! Dinner and breakfast were delicious and elegant! I went home an took out the good china to use every day!!! The atmosphere was very relaxed, oh and did I mention how comfortable the bed was? I can't remember the last time I slept that well! The next time I need a quick break from the every day, I'll be back to The Munroe Inn!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YoMaineMama
Jefferson, Georgia
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I can not say enough nice,good,great things about The Munroe Inn. I "LOVED" the house We didn't want to leave. The room was wonderful we loved the" Maria Suite". Melanie & Dave were the best,friendlist, nicest people you could have asked for Innkeepers. It was like we had known them forever. I didn't want to leave to come back to Georgia. I have told everyone that if they don't go anywhere but to The Munroe Inn they need to take a trip there some day!! We plan to come back and stay longer the next time. I wish them both all the best for many years to come. I would have loved to have moved the house to Georgia and lived in it myself. Melanie had the best breakfast for us each morning and her afternoon pumpkin bread was great also. Nothing bad at all about The Munroe Inn or Melanie or Dave!! ( More than a 5 star Inn)

Room Tip: All the rooms were nice & great , The Maria Suite had a balcony with a table and 2 chairs , it w...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank larry b
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Mark and Sharon made us feel right at home and loved sharing the history of their beautiful inn. The house has all the original woodwork and stained glass and is tastefully decorated with beautiful antiques that fit the period and architecture of the house.

Everybody in our party had a comfortable night's sleep and found the breakfast to be quite good. Mark made sure to fulfill my husband's requests for the carb-loaded breakfast he needed to set off for his bicycle ride from Auburn ME to Rockport ME.

Everybody in our party of four loved this B&B and would heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: Front rooms have beautiful stained glass and get cheery morning sunshine.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
hebron maine
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This is a restored Inn with great wood work and a warm cozy fire. The food is very good and the Host could not have been more accommodating. I loved the stain glass in the suite. I will return when visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Center Street Value Inn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#5 of 5 in Auburn

Been to The Munroe Inn? Share your experiences!