“Went to a wedding here”

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The wedding reception was held here and we got a room at a special rate. The room was very nice even though we did not upgrade to a riverview room. There was a football team that arrived late in the evening but if we hadn't opened our window we would not have heard them. The halls were clean and very quiet. The food for the wedding was really good. The maple, walnut glazed pork was great. The staff was very helpful and polite. We went down for the breakfast and beat the football team by about 30 minutes and so we got to dine in quiet. The cooked to order omelet was perfection! There was secured parking and we really enjoyed our stay there.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Turn the lights off in this very expensive room and you can still read a newspaper from all the ambient and extraneous light! From clock radio to the TV to the microwave and hairdryer, all appliances were lit. The smoke detectors and thermostat were lit. Add to that the light leaking under the door, through the peep hole and around the draperies, and there was no way to darken the room enough to sleep. From now on I will travel with a black out kit of black electrical tape and opaque material to blot the offending light. But I would like to know what the point of all those lit appliance is.

The hotel was remiss in curtailing the noise and commotion in the third floor hallway that sounded like a cross between a polo match and wind sprints until well after midnight.

All in all I had a miserable and expensive night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn.

Room Tip: The Great Falls are a lovely sight, but noisy. Choose side away from the falls.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed at the Garden Inn in Auburn for a night on a business trip. The room was very spacious with a spacious bathroom and view over the river and waterfalls which was very nice. The breakfast offered a good choice of everything you need including made to order omelets and eggs. It's walking distance from the city centre streets offering a variety of shops, bars and restaurants. Definitively a good address in Auburn.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I travel a lot and I am always at the mercy of the airlines I fly. I was delayed in Chicago and contacted the hotel and to advised them I was going to be late and to hold my room and they stated it would not be a problem. I arrived late and found that the gave my room away and there were no other rooms available. I was sent to a third rate hotel about three miles from the Hilton in a less than desirable part of time. The entire event was a nightmare.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank John B
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent visit. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation and regret any discomfort or hassle you experienced. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures to better serve our guests moving forward. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Scott McKenney

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had to wait a few minutes for our room to be ready and were compensated with a free full breakfast. Very nice. Room was clean and well furnished. Wonderful view. We will stay there again. The food was 5 star and the seafood was very fresh. The selection was good. The pool area was inviting and well kept.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Elaine K
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stay here when we come to visit our daughter at Bates. Quiet, comfortable room with the amenities we like. Friendly staff. Good breakfast (not included). Only reason not 5 stars is the price which is out of line with other hotels in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I could not ask for a better place to have an event or to stay!
I have been hosting a Red hat Swim/Slumber Party here for the last 5 years!
These folks rock!!! Great food for the buffet in our private banquet room. The rooms are
wonderful, clean, and very welcoming!
The staff is excellent! Will keep coming back!!!!!

Room Tip: I have to say I have never heard any complaints about any rooms! I am partial to the rooms overlook...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacquelinedl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Center Street Value Inn
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch? Share your experiences!