“Family gathering”

Bethel Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family gathering”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great seafood dishes. That's why we go there. We go once a year with cousins & sisters. Have a room to ourselves to laugh & giggle.

Visited August 2013

Turner Maine
“Little Local place”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We went here and the parking lot was FULL, but got a table right away. We had a party of 8 and I called for a reservation but they said only parties of 10 need reservations, we got right in and seated. The food was very good. Lot to choose from on the menu, which made it easy since we have a few picky eaters in our group. Our waitress was busy with lots of tables but she was wonderful. The servings are large, we all got the smaller portions and still had left overs to take home. Seafood was very fresh we got fried and baked dishes and everyone at our party said it was excellent. Several tables must be real regulars the wait staff seemed to know many by name. It's not a fancy place but clean and cozy. The bar was full but we could not hear the bar noise from the restaurant, nice night out. We all said we will make a trip back soon.

• Visited March 2014
Turner, ME
“Excellent Food And Service”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have been to the Village Inn on several occasions. The food is consistently good. On my most recent visit I had Chicken Cordon Bleu and Cream Of Brocolli soup which were excellent. A member of my party had Fried Clams. I do not eat seafood but am told by those who do that the place to go for seafood in the area is definitely the Village Inn. My husband always orders a steak which is consistently cooked to the way he has requested it. You may have a short wait during busy periods but it is well worth your time. All of the wait staff are very fast and courteous.

• Visited March 2014
Mechanic Falls, Maine
“Worth A Return Trip”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife & I had a chance to eat at Village Inn early evening on a Tuesday night. Even though it was close to closing time, the servers of this third generation family restaurant were polite, knowledgeable and attentive. The inside is nicer that the outside looks, very clean, with very nice decorations, especially the etched glass and detailed wooden model sailing ships.

The food was excellent, with good portions and great flavor. Especially good were the crabcakes & coleslaw. We also both had coffee, which was fresh and hot, a pleasant surprise so close to closing time. Another nice touch was the tartar sauce & cocktail sauce being provided in bottles, so you didn't need to keep asking for more.

I'd like to visit again, to try out the enormous Captain's Platter.

They are closed on Mondays.

• Visited October 2013
Wareham, Massachusetts, United States
“Been twice, will keep going back for more!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been to The Village Inn restaurant on two different visits to Auburn, and it has been fantastic each time. The servers are pleasant and attentive, especially the first one we met, Christie? I think was her name. My favorite dish was the fish chowder, it reminded me so much of the chowder my mom used to make from fish we would catch together. Their fish and chips had a very light coating and cooked to perfection. I live near Cape Cod Mass, and we have seafood often, but The Village Inn is way better than any other. We even went back another day to purchase chowder to go for a family member who had just had surgery. This place is tops on my list! But do not let the picture on this listing fool you, the restaurant has been redone since those photos were taken.

• Visited October 2013