“What nice people!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Parkton
“What nice people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We booked this hotel because it was cheap and on the way to our destination of Bar Harbor. We had stayed in Augusta a better rated and more expensive hotel last year but honestly felt it was pretty blah so why not stay place that was doable that was cheaper? While this hotel wins no prizes for location - it's truly an interstate hotel- the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful (they even gave us whoopie pies for a snack- much appreciated by our kids at our 9pm check in). Our room was clean and spacious and quite comfortable. Unfortunately when we checked out my husband left all our jackets in the closet- but no worries- we called from Bar Harbor (where my husband had to buy us all new jackets!) and Kayla and staff took care of finding the jackets and shipping them home. We truly appreciated how carefully they folded up our jackets, wrapped them in plastic, and even found a small box so that the shipping wouldn't be crazy expensive. Truly a place to return to when in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Amy265,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff here at the Fireside! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your whoopie pies at check in (you get a free whoopie whenever you stay at a Fireside Inn & Suites in New England!!) I’m also glad to see you received your jackets in the mail and that the packaging was up to your standards! We look forward to seeing you again!

Amanda Fyfe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I visited our son in Raymond, Maine on July 28th and decided to stay overnight in Auburn at the Fireside Inn and Suites. From the onset to the completion of our stay we were treated with exceptional courtesy, friendliness and professionalism. We stayed in the deluxe suite which was a free upgrade and I must say it was wonderful. The fireplace was great and the room was clean and odor free. We did not use the outdoor pool but it was well sized and very clean. The breakfast was normal standard continental fare which was well replenished and free so I had no problem.
I must acknowledge the manager Amanda who was very helpful. Since this was our first trip to Maine she took the initiative to include maps to Raymond from the hotel location. Best of all she was very open, receptive and addressed any concerns that we had concerning our stay. I was very impressed with her communication skills and her level of professionalism.
Katie was also very helpful and always had a smile on her face. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend this location and if you have a problem see Amanda.
A.R.

Room Tip: Deluxe room was great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear A.R.,
Thank you for your review of the Fireside Inn & Suites. I am so happy that I was able to make your stay as comfortable as could be and that you and your husband enjoyed the free upgrade! Our goal here at the Fireside is for every guest to have an exceptional experience, as you have, and I thank you so much for your compliments to the staff along with the property. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Maine!

Hospitably,
Madison, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I feel like we have been duped based on the great reviews I read in comparison to our awful experience. Cigarette odor in non smoking room, dirty (not just didn't get around to vacuum yesterday), smelly towels and unsavory crowd hangout. I am so angry that we got here late and didn't have the choice to leave. We slept with our clothes on instead of out in the car. Are you serious? I guess we were placed in the " older" section, yet the room rate was the same. I could not be more disgusted, annoyed, or tired. Please do not stay here. Maybe you will get a nice room, but if the management felt it was suitable to rent this one, I have serious doubts about their credibility. We are members of a large community of race car drivers and will be passing the word on to all of them. We will not be staying in the West Lebanon, New Hampshire Fireside either and will opt to drive home following a day of racing.

Room Tip: Do not patronize this facility.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeannette H
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Jeanette H,
I am so sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience at the hotel. It is very unlikely that we get negative reviews, especially regarding our housekeeping department, and I am sorry you feel as though you have been duped. The particular weekend that you were in town is a busy time for all area hotels due to the Oxford 250 and all of our rooms were sold out. I would like to discuss this further with you if you would be so kind to give me a call at 207-777-1777. Thank you!

Amanda Fyfe

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed at the Fireside Inn and Suites for one night. We were delighted to have a room with a fireplace. The room was clean with a fridge and microwave. The hotel is conveniently located off I-95 and was surprisingly quiet. After a restful night we were able to fuel up right by the hotel before heading to our next destination.

• Stayed July 2013
FiresideAuburn, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Donna A,
Thank you for your kind words about our Inn! I am happy you found our rooms to be quiet and relaxing. I will pass along your compliment on the cleanliness of our rooms to the housekeepers; they love to hear that they are doing a great job. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Poland, ME
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We must have stayed at a different Fireside Inn in Auburn, ME. The Deluxe Room we booked to was awful! Paper was peeling off the wall, the carpet was ripped and filtthy! Not "We forgot to vacuum" , but motor grease dirty. Within minutes our white socks were black!

The bathroom floor was slippery with film and there was mold in the grout. If the room was that dirty, we became concerned about pest issues. As we left at 11:30 pm, the door to parking lot was propped open. So much for hotel security.

When I checked out, the desk clerk politely charged me for the stay, and never asked why we were leaving. I assume people checkout at 11:30 pm all the time!

Avoid this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank D D
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear D D,
I am so sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience during your recent stay with us. We are constantly working to improve our rooms and I apologize this particular room was not up to your expectations. I can assure you that we have some of the best housekeepers in the industry working here; we are usually praised for the cleanliness of our rooms. In the future if you have any issues with your rooms, please let our front desk clerk know and we are more than happy to resolve any issues so that you have the best stay possible.

Norway, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I arranged to meet an associate who was traveling up I-95 at the Fireside Inn in Auburn for a brief chat. We were not guests at the establishment during this visit. We sat down in the (empty) bar area. A few minutes later we were approached by a young lady who said that the area is closed. We said we just wanted a quiet place to talk for a few minutes and required no service. She informed us that there was a $25 fee to use the room. We asked if we could sit in the (empty) lobby. She said no. We left and went to a nearby Dunkin Donuts and were warmly greeted.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Traveler04268
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Traveler04268,
I would like to clarify the reason in which you were not allowed to meet in our restaurant. Our restaurant hours of operation are 4pm to 9pm Monday through Saturday, had you come in during those hours we would have had no problem allowing you to stay. I would also like to add that although our lobby was empty when you came in we do leave that space available for our guests. Many times throughout the day we have guests who will come down to use the computer, relax on the couch or wait for a ride. In the future, if you would like to arrange a meeting at our facility please give us a call and we can make arrangements.

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

We had an excellent stay at this conveniently located and very well kept hotel in Auburn. Both receptionists at the front desk were more than helpful with everything we needed and the entire area is kept in immaculate condition. Look forward to finding a reason to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay near the back, away from the highway for an excellent night's sleep.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear feanormastercrafter,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your stay with us earlier this month! I'm happy to hear our staff was most accommodating! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our housekeeping staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!

Thanks Again,
Amanda Fyfe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Center Street Value Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!