Fireside Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Poland Spring Resort(Poland Springs)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Lighthouse Inn(Lewiston)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanoff the highwayfront desk ladyweekend stayshort staymainecerealmattresspet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We began our 7 day vacation spending the night here. Made reservation based on the website. Big mistake! The only thing this hotel has going for it was the friendly staff. Period! Dark, damp, dirty rooms ... even when switched because first room on the ground floor was even more unacceptable and disgusting than the second floor one. This place needs a TOTAL overall from floors to ceilings. We paid more to stay at his shabby inn than any of the other wonderful establishments that followed! Very disappointed. :(

Room Tip: My tip --- do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear E O,
I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy our accommodations. We are an older motel and with this summer being so wet and dreary it did give some of our rooms a dark, damp feel to them. I’m sorry you were unhappy with your free upgrade to our deluxe fireplace room. Being on the second floor these rooms usually get the most daylight and having a view of our courtyard usually would help to lighten the feel of the room. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Fireside Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was a bit skeptical about this place as it was located just off the highway. But, the front desk lady was so welcoming to me, and gave me personal attention all the way to my room in the newly renovated section of the hotel. Upon rising the complimentary breakfast was far more than I'd ever seen in a hotel. I slept well....no truck noise from the highway. The 2nd nite my TV did not work, so I was moved to an even better newer renovated room; I felt like royalty at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to stay at a hotel that may look like a truck stop. All was well at this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank nanceb1439
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear nanceb1439,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fireside Inn & Suites. I am happy to hear you gave us a chance and had a wonderful stay! I apologize for the television acting up on your second night here; we were in the midst of a major turn-over and unfortunately it caused disruption for some of the TV’s (all which have now been resolved). I am happy to hear my front desk clerks were very helpful in making sure you were comfortable! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Auburn!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

we stayed there for the balloon fest. The room was a little out dated. the bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was very nice for the weekend. the staff was very nice and help full. Was a little high in price. thought the place would be nicer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear maryannhanlon,
Thank you for taking a moment to review us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend in Auburn for the Great Falls Annual Balloon Festival. It is a busy time of year for us and always helps us to wind down the summer. I would like to thank you for your opinion of our rooms. We are always trying to update our rooms by adding modern amenities such as the Keurig coffee brewer and Bath & Body Works products, but being an older building it does have a more vintage feel to it. I’m happy to hear my staff was helpful and accommodating to you during your stay and that you enjoyed the continental breakfast. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Room was small and crowded with furniture. Carpet was really dirty and sticky. Tiny bathroom. When I turned on the shower faucets, the escutcheons were loose and moved exposing holes in the tile. The lobby was really outdated, but the people at the front desk were friendly. I would, nevertheless not recommend this as a place to stay

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rita M
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Rita M,
I’m sorry to hear you had an unpleasant visit during your recent stay with us at the Fireside. I agree with you that there is a lot of furniture in the rooms; however we like to accommodate to all guests so all needs are met. Also, I would like to note that not all rooms are as small as the particular room that you were in. I will be passing along the information regarding the shower faucets to our maintenance department to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We booked this hotel because it was cheap and on the way to our destination of Bar Harbor. We had stayed in Augusta a better rated and more expensive hotel last year but honestly felt it was pretty blah so why not stay place that was doable that was cheaper? While this hotel wins no prizes for location - it's truly an interstate hotel- the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful (they even gave us whoopie pies for a snack- much appreciated by our kids at our 9pm check in). Our room was clean and spacious and quite comfortable. Unfortunately when we checked out my husband left all our jackets in the closet- but no worries- we called from Bar Harbor (where my husband had to buy us all new jackets!) and Kayla and staff took care of finding the jackets and shipping them home. We truly appreciated how carefully they folded up our jackets, wrapped them in plastic, and even found a small box so that the shipping wouldn't be crazy expensive. Truly a place to return to when in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Amy265,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff here at the Fireside! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your whoopie pies at check in (you get a free whoopie whenever you stay at a Fireside Inn & Suites in New England!!) I’m also glad to see you received your jackets in the mail and that the packaging was up to your standards! We look forward to seeing you again!