“Steak house service”
Review of Mac's Grill

Mac's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mac's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We are a high energy restaurant with a vibrant neighborhood bar and grill appeal. Though we are known for our steaks, you will find there is something on the menu to please anyone in your group. We serve Choice Black Angus beef which is hand cut daily on the premises. Whether you are looking for a full course meal, or just out for a cold beer and a great burger, you are sure to feel right at home. So, throw on your most comfortable jeans and join us for a great meal and lots of laughs. Just a couple miles from downtown Auburn, you can't miss our log cabin featuring a comfortable deck for outside dining.
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I liked the food but the service was not good. We ended up outside and it got cool out there and wanted to move inside no room.

Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Went on a warm Sunday evening. We were seated right away but were fortunate to miss the 6 p.m. rush right behind us. I started with a steaktip wrapped in bacon appetizer that was accompanied by a horseradish sauce. The tips were a bit greasy but the horseradish sauce was great. I chose a garden salad as part of my meal, and that was decent. I like the fact they incorporate mushrooms in the salad, as wrll as a full tomato wedge. The parmesan peppercorn dressing was fine with just the right amount. My wife surprised me by ordering the buffalo chicken soup. She ate a few bites and turned it over to me. The soup was tasty with some heat, but the intensity seemed a bit tempered. Too bad. I ordered the special, a peppercorn rubbed sirloin paired with a teryiaki salmon fillet. My wife chose the parmesan encrusted haddock, (the only seafood she eats). The steak was good, cooked rare as I asked. However the salmon was previously frozen and had little flavor. The haddock met a similar fate. That's a shame since restauranteers should know pre frozen meats of any kind lose flavor, no matter the preparation method or seasoning. The garlic mashed potatoes wete very good. The best thing I aye while thete was out of the breadbasket which contained a whole wheat bread that was delicious. I was shocked when the waitress mentioned that the bread is not baked on site. Speaking of the waitress, she served us well enough though she was a bit challenged when it came to menu knowledge. Overall, another good experience. We've been going here about twice a year since it opened and it would be nice to see them change something here and there to keep the experience fresh.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great old fashioned beef with all the fixins' in a cowboy atmosphere....

1  Thank crzinn
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Good burger, but not good mixed drinks. Loud atmosphere. Sweet potato fries just ok, salads small, not much in them. Just ok for the price.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Went to Mac's Grill with some friends, and the food was OK. The steaks where thick cut and juicy but mine was under done and chewy. With that being said the flavor was quite good.. One of the other diners ordered the steak tips which were not good. The used minced garlic as opposed to fresh and were very heavy handed with it. The "Angus Beef" tip were not tender or flavorful.

Our waitress was great and the service was good, but the kitchen was slow getting the food out. It was nice going to a local place and not one of the chains, and I would give them a second chance.

1  Thank Felegund