“Tidy gem surronded by all that is beautiful.”
Review of Sleepy Time Motel

Sleepy Time Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Lovely place to stay. It was very convenient to all the areas we needed to visit. Our room was very comfortable and quiet, and it scores an A++ for cleanliness. We will be sure to come back the next time we visit Maine.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2011

The staff/owners were friendly and helpful. My room was large and very pleasant, with some nice personal touches in the choice of decoration. Comfortable bed, very pleasant dining area with fridge and microwave, quiet location, very reasonable price. I loved my stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2011

So, in our room, there is a note to review this motel when we got home. Well, I can't wait. I am still here and have to say I cannot get over this place! It's unbelievable. I am thinking about asking if I can just live here. I have stayed in multiple hotels and motels and I can honestly say I have never seen any room anywhere as clean. The owner, Mark, is super nice...something else you can't find anymore is customer service. They seem ready to bend over backwards for you. The grounds are beautiful, too. I wish we were staying longer!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deana3452
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed at the Sleepy Time Motel for two nights and booked two rooms - one for my wife and me, and one for our two college-aged children. We loved our stay. This is the kind of motel my family stayed at on family vacations "back in the day." The location is convenient - just off the Maine Turnpike - but far enough that highway noise was not an issue (at least for us).

The owners, Mark and Lynn Klinger, were attentive but not intrusive, and clearly cared about our satisfaction and making us feel welcome. Our rooms were clean, well-maintained, and had everything we needed - including a small refrigerator and microwave.

There are only 6 units in this motel: we had rooms 5 and 6, and liked being at the end of the row - it felt a bit more private.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SteveAndKaren11
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stopped in the Auburn area on our way to Acadia Nat'l Park, and spent one night at the Sleepy Tome Motel. It pretty much lived up to the reviews on Tripadvisor: good size room, very clean, nice thick towels, etc. Nothing fancy, just good clean accommodations with a helpful staff. The 2 owners were friendly and very helpful - I could tell they cared about us and were eager for us to be pleased with our stay. I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed at the Sleepy Time in Maine for my Bates College reunion. It was a very nice place, extremely clean, and quiet. The owners were gracious and welcoming. The price was reasonable and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Clean and quiet little motel. Great location close to the highway.

The owners take pride in offering personal service in accomodating travelers to the Maine area. We will definitely stay at Sleepy Time when visiting again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Center Street Value Inn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!