“Great Deal”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
San Diego, California
“Great Deal”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stay at Sleepy Time whenever we visit our daughter at Bates. The rooms are clean, comfortable and convenient. Unlike many expensive hotels, internet at Sleepy Time is free and fast! The location is very convenient, near the Auburn freeway exit and a very short drive to Bates. Mark and Lynne, the proprietors, go out of their way to meet your needs. For example, there is a bottle of cold water for each of us waiting in the fridge and they have been very cooperative when we needed to arrive late. To top it all off, the price is very reasonable. We have stayed at Sleepy Time several times and will continue to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Harold L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This motel far exceeded our expectations. We knew it had good reviews and that is why we chose it. It was immaculate. The best bed I have ever slept on and the towels were so soft. We stayed in room # 5 which had 2 beds and everything you could ever need. Microwave, fridge, table and chairs, recliner, coffee maker and flat screen TV. The bathroom was spotless. We have family in Auburn and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
bar harbor
Reviewed 15 June 2012

i loved the early am danville train.was so nice to sit out in the am and enjoy the quiet.the rooms were very clean.the owners very nice.so all and all very nice stay.

Room Tip: there is an irvings not far from motel they have what ever you may need.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My son lives in Auburn and I travel to the area 4-5 times a year. I find Sleepy Time, clean, quiet and 1/2 the price of the chain hotels. Lynn and Mark are wonderful hosts.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

As a senior woman, traveling alone, I felt comfortable with the location, room, and warm welcome. A small, dated motel right out of the past but unbelievably clean and comfortable. It should be on a historic register! I would take Sleepy Time Motel any day over the big, fancy-dancy chains.

• Stayed June 2012
Grass Valley, CA
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I am a seasoned traveler, with business and leisure taking me to many places in the world - I am on the road about 25-35% of the time. When traveling for business, I usually stay at generic mid-range hotels, such as the Hilton Garden, Hampton Inn, or Holiday Inn. Instinct and other reviews motivated me to book 2 nights at the Sleepy Time Motel and I am so glad I did! It is excellent value for the money, plus some. Here's what is so great:
1) It is the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in - surprising for this older vintage lodging.
2) There are many personal touches, including a list of local events, hikes, etc. It mirrors my experience of hotels that have concierge service.
The owners are wonderful (I dealt with one by email, the other in person)
3) It has a certain charm
4) It was incredibly comfortable - the towels are large and fluffy (unheard of for this level of motel), the amenities are much like what one would expect at a more expensive place. In short, it is Motel Six prices with Hilton Garden Inn comfort.

The website represents the motel perfectly. The photos show a dark room - exactly what I experienced. There is not a lot of natural light, but electric light is more than ample. However, I just spent the previous 2 days at a very dark large-chain hotel for twice the amount. The High-speed Internet was better here than at the large-chain hotel I was at.

Only real negative is the quality of the linens was not 4-stars - however, perhaps it isn't fair to spend 2 star prices and expect 4 star quality on everything.

When the windows are open, there is traffic noise, but quiet when windows are closed (there is A/C, but I liked the fresh air). I walked in the surrounding woods (trails are well-marked) and it smelled like Xmas in May - the bird songs and piney scent engaged me beyond the sounds of cars of nearby traffic.

Bottom line, even if money is not an issue, consider the Sleepy Time. Very refreshing to be in a small motel with big value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
United States
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great Motel, very clean, quiet, modern, cozy and warm !!! You cant ask for a better place !!!
The outdoor nature trails on a large lot of land has nature at it's best for anytime of the year.
The Host, Lynn and Mark operate this place in full excellence with lots of care.
When we arrived Mark showed us our room, that truly was very nice for a welcome !
Price rates are reasonable .
Sleepy Time Motel is the best place I have ever stayed at, and the service is excellent !!!

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!