“A great motel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Brooklyn, New York
“A great motel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I am usually wary of rave reviews, so when I read all of the raves for Sleepy Time Motel I raised an eyebrow. But after so many raves, I decided that everyone can't be wrong. I booked a room for my family and my dog - yes, dog friendly - and then recommended the motel to other family members as well, who then also booked a room. The reviews didn't lie! Mark personally showed us to our room, explaining the heat, tv remote, etc. We felt right at home! This was the cleanest hotel/motel I've ever stayed in. Aside from the cleanliness, the room was well equipped with a fridge and microwave, and a small cabinet of kitchenware (paper places, glasses, etc) making it much easier to have small meals in the room. Mark & Lynn even left 2 small "puppy towels" to wipe the snow off of the dog's feet! One more little "extra" to make our stay even more comfortable. We couldn't have enjoyed our stay more and would recommend this for anyone travelling through the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LoriZ1995

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

This is a family owned motel, great personal service. Rooms have been updated and are VERY CLEAN! Easy on and off the highway and not too far from town. Would recommend this for overnight/weekend visiting the area or week long vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
mansfield ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

My husband and I took our dream vacation to see the fall foliage in Maine. After researching places to stay in the Auburn area, we chose the Sleepy Time Motel mainly because of it's great reviews. We were not disappointed! Mark and Lynn were gracious hosts, and Lynn took the time to show us to our room personally and give us material on getting around in Auburn. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and the recliners were heavenly after a long day of site seeing! We spent 4 nights at the Sleepy Time Motel, and we would recommend it to anyone. You won't be disappointed! (And if we return to Maine, it will be our first choice of accomodations)!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I am normally skeptical about reviews I find on travel websites, but I am glad I listened to the ones on here. Sleepy Time Motel , was one of the cleanest places I have stayed ,not only is it centrally located only half a mile away from the interstate it is well maintained and the amenities included are better than many similarly priced alternatives. I was in the Auburn area for a few days and after seeing the other accommodations, I implore you to make the wise decision and stay here.

Room Tip: Any room you choose , you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank C0nstantTraveler99
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed here with our dog for one night. The hostess was very nice and friendly and the rooms very clean and spacious. I liked that the room had a dining area and a microwave and fridge and coffee maker, these make travel much easier. The room was a good size and the place is very dog friendly. They have new flat screen televisions and the room was very clean. I forgot my jacket and went back the next day and they had it all wrapped up to mail to me. This is a wonderful touch as most places if you leave something you can forget ever seeing it again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelleranddog
Marlborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I usually stay at the big chain hotels, but went with Sleepy Time after reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor. Needed to be in Auburn for a few days and had better things to do with my money than to give it over to a corporate hotel chain! The owners of the motel are super nice. Great location - quiet, yet literally just a three-minute drive to get onto the Maine Turnpike!

Comfy bed, clean, clean, clean bathroom. Furniture is not "fancy" but who cares? It serves the purpose. Little refrigerator with bottled water, microwave and wireless internet THAT WORKS. The only thing that did not appeal to me was that the main room went very dark when the curtains were pulled for privacy. Great if you need to sleep during daylight hours! But I hate putting lights on during the day...sunshine rules. Just a personal preference.

Did I mention that the bed was comfy and that the bathroom was clean clean clean? :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RoadQueen07
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We recently stayed at Sleepy Time during a quick trip to the Lewiston-Auburn area. This place was very nice. I was most impressed by the hotel's charm and cleanliness. The rooms have a very nostalgic feel to them but are equipped with modern amenities like a small fridge, microwave, kitchen items and a nice flat-screen TV. The area is quiet (which we appreciated after a long day of traveling) and the beds were nice and firm with ample number of pillows for at-home comfort. You could tell that the owners take great care of their business as the motel grounds were impeccable too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Siouxhockeyfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
#5 of 5 in Auburn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Center Street Value Inn

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!