“No complaints ... just praise!”
Review of Sleepy Time Motel

Sleepy Time Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed 6 nights at the Sleepy Time Motel while visiting friends and family. The motel is just a half a mile from the interstate and road is extremely easy to find because of the flashing yellow caution light at the Danville Corner Rd intersection.

My room was exceptionally clean and quiet. The bed was quite comfortable. There was a small refrigerator, a microwave and a small cabinet that contained things that a novice traveler would likely forget … like I did. They provided paper plates, plastic utensils, cups, salt, pepper etc etc etc. The bottles of cold water in the refrigerator were a very welcome surprise after a 12 hour drive. The first time I used the microwave, I thought it was a new microwave until I noticed that the buttons were well used. It was so clean that it looked brand new.

The TV, Wi-Fi & recliner were all perfect. I could name off several more little extras that were provided here that you would never find in a “name brand” motel. They even made sure there was a light on in my room after dark if I forgot to leave one on before leaving for the day. I can’t really think of any issues that I had during my stay.

I grew up in Maine and have passed Danville Corner Rd a million times and had no idea this little motel was there. I would recommend it to anyone! You will NOT be dissatisfied. There is a reason that 80% of their reviews are “Excellent” and the worst review was a single “Average” rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PmBird
There are newer reviews for Sleepy Time Motel

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room number one. It was very clean and well put together. Over in one corner there was a little kitchenette area with a table for two, a small refrigerator, and microwave. The bathroom was very clean and the bed was nice and comfy. I would highly recommend this motel and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 13 May 2013

During this past weekend we had the pleasure of staying at Sleepy Time Motel,,I cannot say enough good about this motel...The room was spotless the people were very friendly and we had our dog there...Wehad a picnic in the front lawn and it was just beautiful...We cannot wait to go back in August... I would advise anyone who are traveling in the Auburn area to check out htis motel you definately will enjoy it...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I spent a night at the Sleepy Time in Auburn, Maine, while on a business trip. I had read the reviews and they sounded great. I had exactly the same experience - a great place to stay. I appreciated that the Sleepy Time is a small, old-style motel but kept up beautifully and with a lot of up-to-date touches that are usually missing in this price range: a new flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, hairdryer, shampoo, nice towels. This six-room motel even has its own up-to-date, color-printed Visitors Guide, complete with an extensive section on restaurants and menus. Not only was my room just what I needed, the property also has wooded nature trails on their land and a big back lawn. it is clear that owners, Lynn and Mark, care a lot, take care of the Sleepy Time, and take good care of their guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at sleeptime during April 2013. It is just like the pictures on their website. We spent 3 days there, with grandson and dog. No problems. Nice and quiet I would highly recomend staying there. Mark was great......

Room Tip: you can't go wrong no matter what room you have.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed during snowstorm
Reservation was as promised
The lodging equivalent of comfort food
Upgrades to property were well done
Old school motel with some mod cons
Their lot gets plowed I promise
any suggestions I have would just add to costs

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights. Owner was very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and had just the right amount of amenities to make the stay more pleasant. Very good price for the quality of this motel. Highly recommend !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Al G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Center Street Value Inn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!