“Comfy, cozy, clean”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Avondale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Comfy, cozy, clean”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I traveled to Lewiston for a family visit. We viewed our options and tried the Sleepy Time based on your reviewers. When we drove up to this little motel it was like a blast from the past but also a terrific delight! The owner, Lynn, was very friendly (offered to loan me her snow shoes.) The room was very comfortable in all ways. . .meticulously clean, temperature control, wifi, refrigerator, microwave, table and chairs, eating utensils, flat screen, great mattress and quiet.) Our two night stay was a great decision and surpassed our prior stay at a chain hotel in town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeaninne T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake Elmore, VT 05657
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed just one night and it was great. The owners are very accommodating and the room was very clean and well supplied. The cabinet in the dining area was stocked with plates, glasses, bowls utensils and salt and pepper. Microwave and small fridge completed the mini kitchen. Nice quality TV, altho navigating the TV menu was a little iffy. Will stay again for another trip to the Oxford Maine casino!

Room Tip: All 6 are fine and have very adequate parking spaces right in front.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VtStarr
Arcade, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This traditional, privately owned, road side motel is the real deal. I tend away from "Mom & Pop" properties but this is special. l found a neat as a pin room with a recliner, coffee maker, microwave, and fridge. Beyond that there is a cupboard stocked with paper plates, cups, bowls, and salt & pepper, and, there is hi-def television with lots of hi-def programming. I also enjoyed easy to access high speed internet. The bathroom was very clean, bed was comfy, and everything worked. If there was any downside at all, it was that there wasn't an iron and ironing board in the room. The only thing that would keep me away in the future is if they are sold out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sales_Traveler_10
Lewiston, ME
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have previously stayed at a chain motel in Auburn, and although it was pleasant, and the folks friendly, it was a long walk from the car to my room, plus a flight of stairs (no elevator). I decided to try the Sleepy Time Motel, because I was traveling with a 3 year old this time, and the ease of unloading quickly, right at the door of my unit, appealed to me. I was not disappointed. It was as sparkling clean as described by all reviewers. I was arriving at 9:30 PM but the owners were polite and welcoming. The room was so cozy and well equipped that I wished I was visiting for a longer time. The coffee maker produced a better brew than the Kuerig machines I have used in other hotels. Great towels, pillows, and my granddaughter loved the rockers. A real table and chairs that I could sit at and use my computer for a while. It's great to have this reasonably priced option. I'll definitely return! Jean

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Wenham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Sleepy Time is serious about cleanliness, quiet, and courtesy. Major snow storm and was plowed out early. Proprietors live on site and are friendly and helpful while respecting privacy. Excellent in every way. I'll stay there any time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy H
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for 10 days while on business trip. The couple that owns/runs motel are perfect hosts. Very friendly but never pushy or bothersome. The cleanliness was second to none, squeaky clean. Very quiet location, with numerous TV stations, fridge, micro, table even paper plates, utensils and glasses. City center only about 10 minutes away. Would always stay here when in area and highly recommend it. This is not a kimpton, Hyatt or W. those are great when in big city, but I travel 20+ days every month and just love a small, family owned (with pride) hotel. A+

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mugdiller
Mark K, Owner at Sleepy Time Motel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Mugdiller,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your extended stay with us at Sleepy Time. It's gratifying for us to read your comments about the little extras that we try to provide at our "boutique motel". We may not have a pool or restaurant that you would find at the big chains mentioned, but we can certainly provide a high level of service, very clean rooms and the same in-room amenities you might find there.
We hope to welcome you to Sleepy Time again now that we have our newly furnished rooms in place.

Mark & Lynn Klinger
Owners
JEFFERSONVILLE
Reviewed 1 December 2013

While on route to visit the Oxford Casino we were finding it difficult to find a place to stay, when we came upon this motel. At first we thought it a little pricey, but were pleasantly surprised with all the additional amenities. It had dishes, a microwave and refrigerator and even long stem wine glasses. Since we had leftovers with us, this was most welcome. The room was warm and inviting and the owners very pleasant and helpful. I will definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: If in doubt, ask to view the room before booking.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MATOBIN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!