“Very Pleasant Stay”
Review of Sleepy Time Motel

Sleepy Time Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Sleep Time Motel. It was our first time and we loved it. Lynn was so friendly and accommodating. The room was spotless. There was a dining area, with fridge and microwave and a cabinet stocked with everything you needed, wine glasses, dishes utensils and such. The bed was so comfortable. The motel was very quiet and we loved having our car parked right out front. There are hiking trails in the back of the motel for everyone to use. I will definitely be staying there again when we are back in the area. Thanks Lynn for making our stay for pleasant
Bob and Terry B

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I unexpectedly found myself needing a quiet, restful place to stay. Sleepy Time Motel was perfect! The owners' care was obvious. Please read through all the reviews. This cozy place was IMMACULATE. This will be my choice for overflow family and friends from out of state. Will try the trails next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LoveMaine2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I traveled to Lewiston for a family visit. We viewed our options and tried the Sleepy Time based on your reviewers. When we drove up to this little motel it was like a blast from the past but also a terrific delight! The owner, Lynn, was very friendly (offered to loan me her snow shoes.) The room was very comfortable in all ways. . .meticulously clean, temperature control, wifi, refrigerator, microwave, table and chairs, eating utensils, flat screen, great mattress and quiet.) Our two night stay was a great decision and surpassed our prior stay at a chain hotel in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeaninne T
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed just one night and it was great. The owners are very accommodating and the room was very clean and well supplied. The cabinet in the dining area was stocked with plates, glasses, bowls utensils and salt and pepper. Microwave and small fridge completed the mini kitchen. Nice quality TV, altho navigating the TV menu was a little iffy. Will stay again for another trip to the Oxford Maine casino!

Room Tip: All 6 are fine and have very adequate parking spaces right in front.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VtStarr
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This traditional, privately owned, road side motel is the real deal. I tend away from "Mom & Pop" properties but this is special. l found a neat as a pin room with a recliner, coffee maker, microwave, and fridge. Beyond that there is a cupboard stocked with paper plates, cups, bowls, and salt & pepper, and, there is hi-def television with lots of hi-def programming. I also enjoyed easy to access high speed internet. The bathroom was very clean, bed was comfy, and everything worked. If there was any downside at all, it was that there wasn't an iron and ironing board in the room. The only thing that would keep me away in the future is if they are sold out.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sales_Traveler_10
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have previously stayed at a chain motel in Auburn, and although it was pleasant, and the folks friendly, it was a long walk from the car to my room, plus a flight of stairs (no elevator). I decided to try the Sleepy Time Motel, because I was traveling with a 3 year old this time, and the ease of unloading quickly, right at the door of my unit, appealed to me. I was not disappointed. It was as sparkling clean as described by all reviewers. I was arriving at 9:30 PM but the owners were polite and welcoming. The room was so cozy and well equipped that I wished I was visiting for a longer time. The coffee maker produced a better brew than the Kuerig machines I have used in other hotels. Great towels, pillows, and my granddaughter loved the rockers. A real table and chairs that I could sit at and use my computer for a while. It's great to have this reasonably priced option. I'll definitely return! Jean

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Sleepy Time is serious about cleanliness, quiet, and courtesy. Major snow storm and was plowed out early. Proprietors live on site and are friendly and helpful while respecting privacy. Excellent in every way. I'll stay there any time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Center Street Value Inn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!