“Delightful Americana”
Review of Sleepy Time Motel

Sleepy Time Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were in town to visit Bates College and are so glad that we made the effort to stay just a bit further from the school than we could have. Sleepy Time is wonderfully maintained - a quaint slice of Americana to share with our kids - to give them some sense of what travel was like before the era of the chain hotel. Although rain kept us from enjoying the trails as thoroughly as we had hoped, we did have a bit of time and found the woods peaceful and a welcome change of pace from the internet and tv that the kids usually gravitate toward in hotel rooms. We highly recommend you book a a night here if you are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyVacationTravel
There are newer reviews for Sleepy Time Motel

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Over the last several years, my husband & I have searched out family owned motels whenever we travel. Sleepy Time is one of the best... If not "the best"! We were traveling from Maryland to Rangeley, Maine to look at purchasing a cottage of our own and reserved a night at Sleepy Time to give us a break from the long drive. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by Mark who even made a couple of phone calls for us to restaurants to check availability for dining. After checking in he walked us to our room & showed us how to operate the AC & the television. I must say that I think the shower was one of the nicest I've ever had...a lot of water pressure & the towels were nicer than any I've ever used at the "big name" hotels or motels. The bed was more firm than I like (we have a pillow top) but it is in no way a complaint...just a preference. I will most definitely recommend Sleepy Time to friends & family as they travel to see us in Rangeley!
Michele T

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MTravels1961
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Outside is extremely neat and well kept. Owner is very pleasant and helpful. Rooms are immaculate and they haven't overlooked anything. Even wine glasses with corkscrew. Very quiet and peaceful place to stay. Have been there before and always hope they have an open room when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed for two nights due to price at the time of year of the larger hotels. Really glad we did, nice motel, rooms good, fridge / microwave / utensils / table / desk. Owner really nice and helpful, nice location in a wooded area. Note breakfast is not offered. Nice and restful stay, near to where I was working - will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Sleep Time Motel. It was our first time and we loved it. Lynn was so friendly and accommodating. The room was spotless. There was a dining area, with fridge and microwave and a cabinet stocked with everything you needed, wine glasses, dishes utensils and such. The bed was so comfortable. The motel was very quiet and we loved having our car parked right out front. There are hiking trails in the back of the motel for everyone to use. I will definitely be staying there again when we are back in the area. Thanks Lynn for making our stay for pleasant
Bob and Terry B

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I unexpectedly found myself needing a quiet, restful place to stay. Sleepy Time Motel was perfect! The owners' care was obvious. Please read through all the reviews. This cozy place was IMMACULATE. This will be my choice for overflow family and friends from out of state. Will try the trails next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LoveMaine2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I traveled to Lewiston for a family visit. We viewed our options and tried the Sleepy Time based on your reviewers. When we drove up to this little motel it was like a blast from the past but also a terrific delight! The owner, Lynn, was very friendly (offered to loan me her snow shoes.) The room was very comfortable in all ways. . .meticulously clean, temperature control, wifi, refrigerator, microwave, table and chairs, eating utensils, flat screen, great mattress and quiet.) Our two night stay was a great decision and surpassed our prior stay at a chain hotel in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeaninne T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Center Street Value Inn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!