“Not going back!”

Cuisines: American
Lewiston, Maine
“Not going back!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My 3 kids and myself went for Sunday Dinner this afternoon. The food was very good, as always...but I won't be going back...why? the servers attitude. Her name is Dana C. and her attitude was fine until it was time to pay the bill. We had received coupons in the mail a couple weeks ago so decided it was a good day to use them. I had a 50% off coupon for 2 meals and $5.00 off each of the other 2 meals. I had asked for 3 checks at the start of the meal. As soon as I produced the coupons she informed me that they were only supposed to accept 1 coupon per table but she would do it anyway. The only thing the coupon stated was that only one coupon per check was accepted. I haqd 3 checks. The area we were sitting in (at 4 pm) had guests all around us.....her tone and attitude was rude. I assume the purpose of the coupons is to attract more business....but if the server is going to treat a customer badly because they have a coupon, it has deafeated the intent.

• Visited April 2014

Topsham, Maine
“Could Be Better”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We visited for lunch on a snowy day, and were greeted by a hostess who was as frosty as the weather. The server was polite and did an adequate job. The flatbread offerings were overcooked and look nothing like the TV ad, nor was the "garden bar" included in the price as the ad suggests. The "garden bar" had an excellent selection of fresh things, but it is very hard to reach items in the back with the plastic shields as low as they are. Also, the music was way louder than it should have been, interfering with conversation. Not planning to go back.

• Visited March 2014
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Sub Par Experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was our 1st time ever eating at Ruby Tuesday. We tried several years ago at a different location, only to be left waiting for a table for 20mins and then told they forgot us. We left. Had heard though that Ruby was pretty good. This site was close to where we were visiting so decided to try it. I had a cheddar burger and a pomegranite margarita. My wife had a shrimp po boy flatbeard. The burger was average and tasted okay if you ignored the 2 hairs on my plate. The margarita, well if it had any tequila in it I would be oh so surprised as it tasted like it didnt. They made it in a regular pint glass, which I can live with but didnt put salt on the rim or ask if I wanted it. My fault I guess for assuming it would come that way. The fries that came with the burger were very good, however no ketchup on the table and had to ask for more than the little container they gave me. My wifes lunch was very good however. Well done. She had a Sam Adams beer which was good, however considering the number of microbrews from Maine, you would think they would carry something. Heck they have 2 breweries in town and didnt carry their stuff. Overall a very avg visit, even though the waitress was friendly and polite and we were seated quickly. Prices a bit higher than I expected but again not bad. Probably will not return to a Ruby. Applebees a much better choice.

• Visited February 2014
Bribie Island, Australia
“a nice oasis”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We dined here after a long day on the road and were impressed by the variety & freshness of the salads. We (stupidly) ordered prawns and a fish dish - far far too much food but never the less, we enjoyed it all. The staff were fun, friendly and gave terrific service. A nice find and close to our hotel.

• Visited May 2013
Bethel Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Girls night out.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

All my sisters and some of my cousins went last Friday. We started with drinks house wines excellent. Mixed drinks great. Appertizers were very prompt. The cheese rolls were delicious. All of our entrees were presented nicely. The salad Bar very full variety. The waitress was excellent.
We will return again later this year.

• Visited October 2013