Center Street Value Inn
US$78
US$73
US$65
Hotels.com
Poland Spring Resort(Poland Springs)
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$129
Agoda.com
All reviewsplace to stayroom was cleancontinental breakfastwithin walking distancemotellewistonaccommodations
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have stayed at some doozies but this one takes the cake. The office had flies as we got our key, which should have been our first clue. Alas, EVERYTHING for an hour around was booked and we were "winging it". NEVER AGAIN WILL I "WING" ANYTHING. Farewell spontaneity. I think someone was murdered or gave birth in our room. Blood on the bed, walls, floor, towels. GROSS. The carpet was WET, not damp, WET. The towels were so dirty we used our beach towels from the car. That being said, I didn't wash my hair as I wanted in and out of that shower so quick...the walls around it were rotten and black crud was coming into the tub as the water ran down the wall. I woke up and tied a t-shirt around my face in the middle of the night as the smoke smell from the bed/room was bothering me. It was a no smoking room. And, my grandparents smoked when I was little (right into my face/in the car etc) and this was WAY WAY WORSE. When I came home, I had to not only launder everything, but air out my SUITCASE outside for a couple days to get the terrible stink out. I have never in my life experienced something THIS BAD, and I stayed at a one-star hotel in India once. It was better than this deathtrap. I called home to tell my Mom where we were - and could best describe it to her as the Bates Motel (Yes, as in Psycho). Next time everything is sold out, except ABV, I will sleep in the car.

Room Tip: A good room is any room NOT at this hotel. RUN. RUN FAR, RUN FAST.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JMorris711
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We read the reviews and were nervous, but, while this is not a 5-star hotel, the rooms were clean, comfortable and quite large. This is our #1 hotel of choice from now on! It's not a fancy hotel, but it was clean, quiet, comfortable and very very affordable!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth F
abvimaine, Owner at Center Street Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Mear Ms Elizabeth:

Thanks you so much for your wonderful comments. You are most welcome as our own guest here!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We had gone by the hotel once and thought it looked less than we wanted from the outside, but my sister and I were travelling with 2 handicapped adults....this hotel that was reasonably priced and accomodated us at the last moment with no reservations. It was SO CLEAN and quiet!!! The only problem was the wi-fi signal was vague in some parts of the hotel, but a very minor issue for us

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank brezesauntie

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. You are always welcome back as our guest.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I only had to stay here a night, which seemed like to long. The place was booked by my school so I really had no say in it. The place was rough. From the sign on the door, they are allegedly remodeling the Hotel so I guess I could cut them a bit of slack, fine. The room was for the most part clean, however, very run down. The paint job from their remodeling got paint on the ceiling and shower in the bathroom. We had small holes in the sheets and blankets. The towels had some interesting stains on them. One of our lights in the room did not work, as did the TV remotes. The room had an smokey odor to it though it was allegedly non-smoking.
In the room there was a refrigerator and microwave, which is all well and good, but since our fridge was not plugged in it was rendered useless till basically the next morning. However, the worst part about my stay was the toilet issue. Having not used it once, I flushed it to make sure it actually would and it did, great, but then 3 min. or so after it began to make this noise as though water was still flowing in the bowl. At 1am...this drove me crazy. So I had to turn the valve to off at the base of the toilet where water goes in to stop this noise, and then anytime it needed to be used, it would have to be turned on...
The one encounter that I had with the hotel staff wasn't anything good either, I wanted a few more towels (not a crazy request) as the ones provided had some yellow staining on them so I called and told the front desk and she said she would have them sent down to me. 25 min. later, my friend who I was staying with asked where the towels were so he could shower and I was like, "give them another call, she said they were to be sent down". So he calls, and this time she says they are at the front desk ready for you to come down and get....your joking right? I thought it was called ROOM service for a reason.
Overall, your much better staying at a variety of other hotels in the area. The Hilton was just down the road, and my rate had I stayed there would only $20 more than this mess...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nj-cool
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I was attending an event in Turner Maine and needed a place to stay that wasn't far and wouldn't break the bank. After reading all the terrible reviews on this place it scared me away and I booked the Marriott Residence Inn - an excessive splurge to not feel sceeved out. But some vet bills made me grit my teeth and reverse course to save half that money, and I don't regret it. Yes, you get what you pay for, and I got a decent place to rest and shower while saving the extra $$ for more important things. It was a car trip so I brought my own sheets, pillow and flip flops for peace of mind not to touch anything. Bedspreads and old carpet are simply gross in concept in any hotel so I would do that again on any car trip. The bed was comfortable enough, though I do think the sheets were low quality or old. There was decent AC and TV, free working wireless, and a mini-fridge. Those last two are more than you can say for some 5-stars. It's reasonably clean, just definitely worn looking. They were smoking in the back office off the front desk but it wasn't in my room or the breakfast area or filling the entryway so for the price, fair enough. They were helpful and responsive (such as getting a new room key after locking it in), no complaints on the service. Oh, when I checked in at night there was a big crunchy-looking bug doorway between entry and main hall to the rooms, but it was just evil coincedence. I think because the outer door had been open on a pleasant night. Never saw one again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo