“Never again”

Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at this location a few years ago before the renovation and it was just plain awful...I thought this time it would be much better since I thought it had been a tear down and rebuild...not so. Apparently they kept the shell of the building and renovated from there. The rooms are accessed from outside walk ways, and for a woman traveling alone, that is not terribly comforting. I heard every word of a conversation between three people outside my door. Speaking of hearing everything...I heard all the sounds from the bathroom next door to me, which was just disgusting. At one point in the evening I was standing at the sink (which is outside the bathroom) and heard a huge bang behind me....turned to find the whole cover of the heating/air conditioner had fallen off the unit onto the floor! The only positive thing I can say is the decor in the room wasn't too bad...part of the renovation I'm sure. And the breakfast provided was satisfactory. This will not be a location I consider again, as there are other alternatives in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MBRECED
Caroline W, Guest Services Coordinator at Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed our breakfast but very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in one of our standard rooms.

Our recent renovations have updated our 1st and 2nd floor standard rooms; however, our most significant upgrade was the addition of our Executive Level third floor in the summer of 2007, which features an interior corridor and large Executive Rooms as well as a variety of very spacious, finely appointed Evergreen Suites. We would love for you to have a "five-circle" experience in one of our newly constructed third floor rooms the next time you are in need of lodging in Augusta.

Please kindly contact me or any member of our management team directly at the hotel so that we may discuss your stay further and address each of your concerns to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This place was tucked in a little down behind a Hampton Inn where I have stayed at almost twice the price. The room was a little smaller but had all the amenities with still plenty of room to move around. It was also exceptionally clean, which usually lower priced rooms are not. The beds were comfortable and all the staff we encountered were very pleasant. Breakfast also included, was as good or better than other stays. I'm glad I stumbled on to this hotel. My wife and I think it is great. This will be our stay for future trips to the Augusta area.

Room Tip: Rooms are quietest on main entrance side of hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Where do I begin? I checked in late so did not much time to explore the hotel. The staff that checked me in was very friendly and helpful. The room was a very nice size for the price I paid. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was nice. I would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This place is marginal, bordering on terrible. As others had noted, the first 2 floors are an old style motel, with exposed outdoor walkways and all rooms opening on the exterior. I wanted to avoid that, so I paid extra to book a "suite". The "suite" turned out to be a normal size motel room, with its window on that outdoor walkway (creepy), an interior door, and a mini fridge (from the 50's) and whirlpool tub. Dreadful lighting, and not at all what I expected.

The front desk moved me to an "Executive Room" on the third floor for the same price. Other than having inside access, it wasn't much of an improvement. Dirty carpeting, a filthy, wobbly desk chair that looked like it was purchased from a used office furniture store when Bush the Elder was in office, and an easy chair with probably the filthiest upholstery I've ever seen. It looked like a previous guest had done an engine swap in the parking lot, then come inside and wiped his greasy hands on the upholstery. "Yuck" isn't a strong enough word.

There were floodlights from the parking lot shining directly into the room. The heavy drapes blocked these out... until the heat come on. The HVAC unit blew the drapes upward, flooding the room with light over, and over, and over again.

The room did have a flat screen TV, but it was a bottom-of-the-line Philips, with no HD channels, a very dim picture, and one of those dreadful systems that gives you 2 seconds of blank screen every time you try to change the channel. If you are passing through and don't know the Augusta channel line up, channel surfing is an excruciating exercise.

The girl at the front desk was friendly, the bed was okay, and the internet was acceptable, but there have got to be better options in Augusta.

Room Tip: Don't even consider a room on the first or second floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Alec R, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

We sincerely thank you for your feedback and regret and apologize for the substandard experience that you had with us. We are happy to hear of your positive guest service experience and your satisfaction with the internet, however the issues you encountered, particularly concerning cleanliness, are absolutely unacceptable as you rightly indicate. In brief, we wish to assure you that the concerns you mentioned are already being addressed, beginning with the deep cleaning of all fabric surfaces which is conducted periodically throughout the year, but especially on the heels of the very busy tourist season. Thank you again for bringing the matters to our attention.

To touch on just one other item, we do offer HD programming via Time Warner Cable to all of our rooms. We will look into the connections in the Executive Room in question to ensure that there is no technical impingement on the HD signal.

If you are open to giving us another try, we would truly appreciate and take great pride in the opportunity to serve you again. Please contact myself or a member of our management team to make appropriate arrangements if you are interested. Again we thank you for your feedback and are sorry your recent stay was below par.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The receptionist was wonderful and made me feel really welcome in the hotel. Recommendations for dinner were provided along with the map, so one didn't need to search for restaurants. The location is quite close to Augusta and near the highway, but it's quiet. Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We we've stayed here a few times and it's always a good stay. Convenient and comfortable although the heating system is noisy .The Chinese take out Canton Express is a great option after a long drive....TJMax is across the street

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

very nice motel. great girl at the reception desk! very nice, clean and comfortable bed. many restaurants close by. I chose this from the reviews of trip advisor and it was the best motel of out 2 week vacation! would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family