You won't go wrong staying here. It was impeccably clean, had filtered drinking water (I didn't check how it is filtered, or whether the filter was replaced in a timely manner....), a great digital tv, quiet, outside door entrances right to room for convenience, amazing apples (NOT "Delicious") in the fruit bowl for breakfast.... Everything just right, very helpful and friendly staff, and certainly the nicest surprise of this journey. The only downside is the phone situation. Cell service in Augusta for ATT customers is non-existent. I was advised that the in-room phone is $1/minute. Not one to be skewered, I resisted making important calls, and felt a bit cornered.
The other thing I should note is, they had offered online a good reduction from their normal price; I am not so sure I would feel as effusive about the experience if I had paid the rack rate. On the other hand, everything was done right but the phone. So if you don't want to risk a bad stay, maybe even the higher price would be worth it for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Maine's beautiful Kennebec River Valley, the Platinum Award winning Quality Inn & Suites™ Maine Evergreen Hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 95, at the gateway to Maine's capital city. This Augusta, ME hotel is close to several points of interest, including the Augusta Civic Center, the Augusta State Airport and the University of Maine at Augusta. Be sure to visit the nearby Maine State Museum, Pine Tree State Arboretum and Old Fort Western, a 1754 National Historic Landmark fort, store and house located on the Kennebec River. The hotel is the perfect home base for touring Freeport, Maine's mid-coast and Bar Harbor. The surrounding area offers all kinds of outdoor recreational opportunities, including biking, boating, fishing, downhill and cross-country skiing, golfing and horseback riding. Those who prefer to stay inside, the nearby bowling alley, ice skating rink, movie theatres and shopping centers are sure to please. Hotel guests can enjoy fantastic food, great drinks and a fun, friendly atmosphere just across the street from one of today's most popular national restaurants, the Texas Roadhouse. At this Augusta, ME hotel, guests will enjoy a wonderful free Full Hot Breakfast. Additional hotel features and amenities include:- Free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms and public areas- Seasonal outdoor heated pool- 24-hour Evergreen Fitness center- Free 24-hour Douwe Egbert's coffee- Afternoon tea service. Meeting facilities are available to fulfill conference needs. The business traveler will also appreciate having access to copy and fax machines. This eco-friendly hotel features health-conscious evergreen rooms and luxurious whirlpool suites. All elegantly appointed guest rooms are equipped with coffee makers, spacious work areas, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Upgraded amenities like microwaves and refrigerators come in some rooms. This is a smoke-free hotel. Public laundry facilities and a gift shop are located on the property for added convenience. Try the Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel once and we're certain you'll want to stay with us every time you visit. Our professional, courteous staff will do all they can to help make your stay memorable. Come let us be your host on your next trip to the Augusta area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel
- Quality Inn Augusta
- Augusta Quality Inn
- Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel Augusta