“Great mid way stopping point to Moose camp” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntington, NY
“Great mid way stopping point to Moose camp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here on our way to hunting camp in Northern Maine. You see, after 29 years of applying I finally drew a (Bull) Moose permit in Zone 3 for the October hunt. My choice was either stopping at Bangor or Augusta and my choice was made easy after the only (reasonably priced) location in Bangor was a smoking room. I can't understand why any hotel/motel nowadays allows smoking on the premises. After searching Trip Advisor, the Quality Inn was called and a room was immediately booked. We arrived Saturday afternoon of the Columbus Day weekend which coinsides to Canadian Thanksgiving for the Canadians. In mid-afternoon, the parking lot was empty. At 9pm, every parking spot was probably taken. The fellow at the front desk helped a traveler (or tried to) find a place to stay. You see, he didn't have a reservation and it seems every place from Bangor to Portland was booked. I assume he didn't have to go and help this person but he must have called places for a 1/2 hour at least in trying to find a place for him. In my situation, I especially wanted a location that had outside access to my room from my vehicle because I had a lot of "gear" that I didn't want to leave in my car. My car was parked directly opposite my room on the 1st floor of the hotel - exactly what I wanted. My room didn't have direct access to the lobby but who cares? The door to get to the lobby was less than 100 feet from my room so this created no problem and I liked it this way anyway. Breakfast was included in the price but I didn't expect what we got. Serve yourself but again, no problem. Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles (you made them yourself with a neat waffle iron than turned upside down), fruit, orange juice, coffee, tea etc., etc) -great quality and as much as you wanted. Friendly front office personnel too. We ate dinner the night before (get the 10% discount coupon from the front hotel desk) at the Texas Roadhouse - make sure you do the "call ahead" reservation because the place gets packed and you will have to wait more than an hour for a table. I could only eat half of my steak and saved the other half for my breakfast - steak and (scrambled) eggs. It is (in nice weather) in walking distance from the hotel (across the street) but since it was a bit cool out, we drove to it. The restaurant is in its own building in a shopping Mall. Route #95 is real close so entry/exit is easy to the hotel but you couldn't hear any traffic at night and the hotel was in a real safe location. By the way, I got a great 50 1/4" bull and almost 300 pounds of prime Moose meat to take home. I rated this overall as "Very Good" which would probably be an Excellant for most people. Cheers

2 Thank drinkgoodwine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Bellingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

We were there because a family member passed away. We were given the ultimate service, kindness and thoughtfulness that we all needed. We were all put on the third floor so that we could go back and forth to each other. We needed that at a very difficult time in our family. I believe we had approximately 10 rooms because of such a large family. Every person in that hotel showed us honest sympathy,and kindness. It touch us more than I can say. Thank you for making it a little easier for us.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank annamaecotnoirviens
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

Very clean hotel. One of the best features was the air purifier in the room. First of all for the white noise, because I forgot to bring my fan, but also because I felt so good when I woke up. I almost always wake up in a hotel room with a dry sore throat and sometimes with a stuffy nose. I did not have that feeling at all at this hotel. Woke up feeling great. I felt confident drinking the tap water because of the water filtration system. The shower was hot and refreshing as well with the evergreen system. They also had a great complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. High quality hotel for a great price. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank kmejeur
Long Island NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

I have stayed here three times. Which means it was priced right and clean enough for me to return. My daughter is attending Kents Hill School which is about 13 miles from the hotel. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. Interstae 95 is extremely close. The rooms are average and clean. The beds were comfortable (small square pillows). The doors on the second floor open to the outside so cold winter air can rush into your room when opened. There are rooms on the third floor that do not open to the outside elements. We arrived with cell phones and laptops and there was no outlets to plug them in. The front desk was nice enough to lend us extension cords (needed two of them) to plug in 3 cell phone rechargers and two laptops. We paid $79 dollars per night and breakfast was fine. Scrambled eggs and sausage links. There were waffles and cereal and muffins, bananas, doughnuts, juices and english muffins. I would stay again it was just fine!

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

This hotel is everything you would expect for your hard earned cash. If you're in the area, don't even bother looking anywhere else. Spotlessly clean, well located in a safe area. Very comfortable room, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast, all at a very reasonable rate.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

We stayed one night and have to confess to being a little disappointed after reading the earlier reviews. The building is dated – rooms are of the external access type on each level, though the upper corridor had sliding screens to create the impression of an internal corridor. The rooms are dark, with dark-wood used and poor lighting giving a gloomy ambience. There was also a degree of road-noise from the nearby interstate.

Checkin was slow – one person on duty trying to deal with telephone enquiries, someone who wanted to inspect rooms and a number of waiting guests. The staff-member dealt with everyone as briskly as possible, but things could have been improved if she had support. Breakfast was a decent selection of cereals, pastries, yogurt etc and a waffle-maker with enough tables for the number of guests at the time we were there.

Overall we were satisfied, the hotel was clean and comfortable, but not exceptional.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
GuestServCoordinator, Guest Services Coordinator at Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Thank you for your feedback. It is of great concern to us that you were disappointed with your stay. Our standard rooms on the first and second floors offer an exceptional value to travelers on a budget, but the next time you are in the area, we'd love for you to try our Executive Level third floor. New as of 2007, our third floor features deluxe rooms and suites with an interior access corridor, 10-foot ceilings, granite finishings in the bathrooms, and the finest appointments in Augusta.

Thanks again, and have a great day!
Chittenango, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

Rooms were clean, accessible to fresh air, heating/cooling fans-minimum noise.
Air quality was excellent. Staff was very friendly-breakfast very good.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple