“Awful place”
Review of Augusta Inn

Augusta Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 28 August 2012

There were cigarette butts all over the front of the place. No elevator, shampoo, tissues, coffee maker or hair dryer. Only 2 tiny bars of soap. The toilet was loose from the floor. Blankets were rough and had holes. Room smelled strong of bleach. Morning coffee in the lobby wasn't hot. We only stayed because we were tired of driving.
The beds were surprisingly comfortable and the shower had good pressure and constant temperature.

Room Tip: Never again.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Had to ask for a second room because the first was awful. No coffee maker in room. Limited tv channels. Clean beds. Colorful clientele.... Close to reasonable priced resturants. Not a bad place in a pinch.

Room Tip: Check the room before you commit.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2012

we went there a couple of nights ago, we droped our bags, and went for supper, once we got back to the motel, my 3 yr old daughter found a pack of precription drugs under her pillow from home. we took the pills to the front desk, and the clerk advised us that the bed wasn't changed because they didn't think it had been slept in. there were people lurking in the halls, so we decided that we should get our money back, and get another hotel for the night. they were only going to refund us 20% of our money..we told the staff that our toddler could have thought the pills were candy and ate them..after a half hour of arguing they told us that 50% was the max of the refund..my husband took the money, and let the staff know that we would be at the police station in the morning with the pills and pictures as it was not a safe place for our family!! in the end the motel gave us a full refund, to avoid any more problems . poor motel!! avoid if you are elderly, or have young children!!!!!!!

Room Tip: try senator inn and spa well worth your money, and up the street
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed in this Motel for 5 nights. Reservation via the Internet was no problem and the staff had everything ready when we arrived. The price of the room was like half of what other motels was. The room and its bathroom were clean, so were the towels we got everyday. Internet-Connection was free and was great and fast. We do not have anything negative to say about our stay.

Room Tip: better reserved the room before u checked in.......this is the motel which sold out on most of the w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian O
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The rooms are outdated and need a lot of help. Rooms could of been a little cleaner. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have strayed at Motel 6 in Augusta for a long time. The rooms there are clean and the housekeeping staff and front desk are very nice. I did call the front desk and asked if they had hair dryers and shampoo. They said that they do at the front desk. When I called the corporate office they told me that this was policy at every motel 6. I have enjoyed all my stays at this motel and will continue to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We've been working in the Maine area for a few months now, and have had to stay at "budget motels" such as this embarassment the whole time. Last trip, a lock was pried from one of our work vehicles, but theres no cameras, barely any exterior lighting, so nobody knows a thing. This trip, my first night a drunken prostitute tried to force her way into my room, babbling about being way to wasted and wanting to give me her money and a box of tic tacs, I pushed her out, she soon got arrested for assaulting an officer in the hallway. My 4th day, I get out to my work truck to find my GPS, good camera, laptop case (I had computer in room) and some other random stuff missing, and pry marks at the top of the door. Again, no apology from management. Nightly you will see people hanging out in the parking lot, that never seem to be with a particular vehicle. Cleanliness of this motel 6 is so so, I've seen much worse (Bangor,Portland) but I've seen better (not at a motel 6) the blankets seem institutional, so like me, you should bring your own or risk sleeping with who knows what. The motel 6 brand as a whole should be avoided here in Maine, the owners dont put a dime back into the business.

Room Tip: Theres a Super 8 across the street
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business