“Best Hampton Inn you'll find”

Hampton Inn Augusta
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stayed here in September 2012 --single person on business travel, 42, travel personally a lot. This is a new hotel and has all of the usual good features of Hampton Inns -- fresh duvets for every new guest, coffee 24/7, great and varied breakfast, excellent customer service, morning newspapers, a great business center, plenty of free parking, fridges and microwaves and comfortable beds. What is notable about this new hotel is how quiet it is and they were sold out 2 nights I was there. The restaurant next door, Margaritas, is pretty darn good as well. You can walk there. There is no bar or restaurant in the main hotel. There is no in-room guest safe but then someone said to me, "This is Maine". All of my valuables stayed safe. Housekeeping was excellent and room was of course super clean. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lovethebeachweather
ssshanover, Owner at Hampton Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

"This is Maine" I love that statement in so many ways. I love that you can be has happy as you are here "in Maine." Where you can have a quiet nights sleep in a full hotel and feel safe and comfortable.

Its what All Hampton's try to provide. So happy to hear we got an "A" from you, as easoned road warrior! I hope we can serve you in the same great way on your next business trip.

and as always.... Thanks for choosing Hampton's and for choosing us!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I'm rarely disappointed with Hampton Inn, especially this one. Brand new hotel, clean, comfortable with all the amenities. I was so grateful to stay here after a bad experience at another hotel in Bangor, I was in heaven with Hampton! My only disappointment was the pool didn' open until 9am and I was hoping my son could work off some energy before we left. Wonderful stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindy M
ssshanover, Owner at Hampton Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

SOunds like you are a Loyal Hampton traveler. And we kept our promise.

And to be considered Top notch with all the other great Hampton's is an honor.

Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed here on our way home from a shopping trip because we could use a discount coupon to stay at a reasonable price. If we had to pay the best internet rate available we would have chosen a different location due to the high price. The room we had was clean, beds were comfy and the addition of a fridge and microwave a plus.
The staff were good to us and very friendly. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with lots of choices and a comfortable dining area.
The hotel is brand new and was a pleasure to experience.

3  Thank Teach3258

Great Place was your title and it says a lot. So glad to hear all aspects of your visit were great, too.
I do hope we can serve you in the future.

And as I always say..Thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

This is a relatively new facility (as of our visit I think they had been open for only 3 months), but it's in a nice quiet setting with easy access to the Maine Turnpike (Rt 95) and adjacent to national chain restaurants and other attractions. The rooms are gorgeous. The complimentary breakfast is nothing spectacular, but a great value nevertheless. And the overall facility is sparkling clean. Did I mention it's brand new?

Room Tip: The King-bedded rooms are especially nice.
1  Thank Ken_Blanchard
ssshanover, Owner at Hampton Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

I feel like a kid who just got a 100 on a test. All perfect scores. But we strive for 100% all the time.

Glad you loved the "New" Hotel as you have mentioned.

As always....Thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stopped for a night in Augusta, on our way to Bar Harbor. The bed was great and the sheets were silky soft. The pillows, also, were just fluffy enough. You can rely on this Hilton property.
The breakfast is the usual breakfast buffet food, but adequate. My only disappointment was the staff. They too were just adequate, but needed a course in guest service, except for the woman working breakfast, who was very nice. They gave you any information you requested, but nothing more. For example, we asked if there were any good restaurants in the area and were given a sheet with all of the information. Actually, had a great experience for dinner, but that will be in another review. Anyway, when we got back from dinner, the same two people were behind the desk, and neither spoke to us. Not good evening. Not hello. Not where did you eat. Not how was your dinner. Now, this lobby is tiny and not the Waldorf, so it would have been very nice IF the staff had been friendlier. I still would recommend this Inn, as you really aren't looking for friends, just a good place to rest your head, with no surprises.

2  Thank EmEs

We have had great guest service scores and Trip advisor reviews related to our teams attentiveness. That being said, we obviously slipped with you. We have an engaged staff that must have been not up to their usual high standards. Please accept my personal apologies that the service did not exceed your expectation.

We have heard you and will use your comments to get better!

And as always, thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

About the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed in (and I've stayed in MANY). Everything top of the line. Great bed, bedding, handsome decor, good service. This comes at a rate you wouldn't expect to pay in Augusta. Worth the money, but $175 for a Hampton Inn in Augusta? I just kept telling myself it was a boutique hotel at a reasonable price. Worked!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank VTLongTimeTraveler

I love your description of us being a Boutique hotel that was worth the money. Thank you so much. And to hear we are the nicest Hampton your stayed at is a credit to the Augusta team.

As a side note.... The prices do vary and there are many times you can get a room quite a bit less. I hope we can serve you again.

As Always.... Thanks for your business and for choosing us!

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were recently travelling through Maine and New Hampshire and were hoping to stop in Portland, Maine for the night (on our way back up the East Coast). The prices of hotels in Portland were outrageous so we kept going and ended up in Augusta. The last time we stayed in Augusta we stayed at an Econo Lodge which was absolutely horrible and has since been demolished. The Hampton Inn is now located on the property where Econo Lodge was. What a beautiful (new) hotel. Everything was gleaming, excellence customer service. Reception was very friendly and accommodating and the room had all the amenities you would want. Linens were crisp and clean and duvet covers were changed daily. The exercise room was well equipped with top of the line equipment and the pool was very refreshing although very small. They could improve the pool area with some noise dampening tiles. Even with only one other couple in the pool the conversation just echoed loudly. Included breakfast bar in the morning was fantastic and if you were in a hurry and on the go, they would even bag a breakfast for you to take on the run.

Very, very nice hotel and we will absolutely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank prayinforsun

SO glad you enjoyed your visit to Augusta and to our new hotel. yes, we are new, but the team works hard to keep it looking that way. So nice to hear you enjoyed the associates! We are so very proud of them.

Good idea on the pool. I always find pools loud. We'll check it out!

We appreciate your comments And as always.... Thanks for choosing us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Hampton Inn Augusta? Share your experiences!