Senator Inn & Spa
Fairfield Inn
US$81
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
Axell's Scandinavian Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$165
Official Site
Excellent 5/5
Augusta Inn(Augusta)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewssteam roomhot tubhome friessitting rooman upgradeeggsaugusta areacontinental breakfastfitness centeryogurtwonderful stayparking lotnew englandfireplacepresidentialmainepedicure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed there on a cold, rainy weekend. Very comfortable room, wonderful food at the restaurant. The staff was friendly and accommodating our needs. If I had one thing I would wish for, it was for more than two plastic glasses in the room. Each person needs a glass for water and a glass in the bathroom for toothbrushing. The spa gets good reviews, however we did not use it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for sharing Pilgrim50.
We apologize for the limited supply of cups in your room. If you are ever in need of additional in-room amenities please let the front desk know and they will be happy to deliver them. Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I always enjoy staying there. The staff is fantastic, and Cloud 9 always has excellent meals. The one thing I would comment on is the musty odor in hallways, I believe from the carpets. It is off-putting. Hopefully I'm not the only one who has mentioned it, and you can figure out a way to make it better. Thanks again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Debbie B,

Thank you for choosing the Senator Inn & Spa as your Augusta, Maine hotel destination. We do have a full time carpet cleaner who rotates throughout the building each week. Since your stay we have switched to an ionized water system which has been successful in combating the unusually wet and humid weather we have experienced in Augusta this summer. This new system dries faster and also has an odor eliminating element which has shown great results in the 7 days since being implemented. We are confident that this will help prevent further issues from happening again. Thank you for sharing Debbie.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

My business associates and I landed here on short notice when we were signed up for a conference at the last minutes. My company prefers direct bills but no one in the area would accommodate. They then offered the Comfort Inn and the Fairfield Marriott advance payment with money orders and they both refused unless we agreed to a $750 hold on our personal credit cards (for incidentals ....). Senator Inn happily took our reservations, money orders and at half the price and no cc hold. My admin assistant will now be sending our employees here rather than the chain hotels. Thanks for the great stay. CW- Wal-Mart

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your patronage Chan1210. We look forward to welcoming you to Augusta again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is my second stay here. We were put into an old, small, very smelly room. I called to the front desk and they immediately upgraded us at no charge. And this was all before the 3 pm check in time. All we wanted was a newer room, so my husband I were pleasantly surprised with the upgrade. The room was newer, had much more room, a king bed, fire place and balcony. We enjoyed the lounge on Saturday night and had breakfast at Cloud 9 in the morning. Overall, everything was very affordable and I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are pretty small, but fine for a night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay Melissa M. We have a variety of rooms here at the Senator Inn that range from an economy room with a single queen bed to a luxury suite with a Jacuzzi tub. Our economy rooms give us the ability to offer low rates while still being able to provide the full amenities of the spa and restaurant. We are constantly updating and renovating our property and apologize if the condition of your first room was unsatisfactory. It is great to hear that the front desk team was able to correct the situation and find a satisfying resolution for you and your husband. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Top notch Treatment from EVERYONE !!! I was visiting family in Augusta.. Everyone was so caring and understanding.. Having had recent spine surgery ... I explained to the manager ( Jason) He quickly switched my room for additional comfort... ... And Rose (Housekeeping Dept) was working on my floor that morning .. She actually took my luggage, an bought me to the new room and got me settled in...My family came over for dinner at Cloud 9 and everyone was Very Happy with the dinner!...... The Coconut Cream pie dessert was such a "Big" hit with my friend, traveling with me, that she tried to bribe Alex, the Pastry Chef , the next morning for the recipe...each morning of our stay Alex , the Chef came to our table and spoke with us ........The Saltwater Pool was perfect for someone with spine issues along with the hot tub ...I drive twice a year back and forth to Florida and The Senator is the most accommodating hotel I have experienced.....Mikki from RI

Room Tip: Tell reservations if you have Back problems.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing Mikki b. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.