Senator Inn & Spa
US$146
US$162
Homewood
US$152
Axell's Scandinavian Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$143
US$130
Official Site
All reviewssteam roomhot tubhome friessitting rooman upgradeeggsaugusta areacontinental breakfastfitness centeryogurtwonderful stayparking lotnew englandfireplacepresidentialmainepedicure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked this last minute so my husband could pick up our new rescue dog in Maine. He asked for a hotel with a pool. He called me later to say how awsome the pool area was. Unfortunately there were thunder storms that night and it was closed. At the end of the evening the staff called him to say the storms were over and even though the pool hours were over as well, they would open it for him to take a quick swim. Very thoughtful of them and something they didn't have to do. The food was good and the bar was a lot of fun. He ran into a friend from home (Mass) who said they go there all the time. The room wasn't breathtaking or extravagant but it was serviceable. Go here if you are looking to enjoy the spa and restaurant. If you just want a place to sleep, you can find better deals elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Several friends and I book a girls weekend here and always have an excellent time. The spa staff and services were wonderful, the restaurant food and staff, excellent. We look forward to coming back next year!

Room Tip: I love that they have single rooms for a little less price. I only wish the bed was upgraded and the duvet a bit heavier.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The economy room was comfortable and well furnished. I had opportunity to use the Day Spa on 3 occasions, each time was a good experience. The entire staff; front desk, restaurant, housekeeping, Day spa...whomever, was always considerate. The is surely lodging that I will recommend, and have recommended to friends and family.

Room Tip: Each type of room is significantly different, but all are well appointed and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DebSza
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed there on a cold, rainy weekend. Very comfortable room, wonderful food at the restaurant. The staff was friendly and accommodating our needs. If I had one thing I would wish for, it was for more than two plastic glasses in the room. Each person needs a glass for water and a glass in the bathroom for toothbrushing. The spa gets good reviews, however we did not use it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for sharing Pilgrim50.
We apologize for the limited supply of cups in your room. If you are ever in need of additional in-room amenities please let the front desk know and they will be happy to deliver them. Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I always enjoy staying there. The staff is fantastic, and Cloud 9 always has excellent meals. The one thing I would comment on is the musty odor in hallways, I believe from the carpets. It is off-putting. Hopefully I'm not the only one who has mentioned it, and you can figure out a way to make it better. Thanks again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Debbie B,

Thank you for choosing the Senator Inn & Spa as your Augusta, Maine hotel destination. We do have a full time carpet cleaner who rotates throughout the building each week. Since your stay we have switched to an ionized water system which has been successful in combating the unusually wet and humid weather we have experienced in Augusta this summer. This new system dries faster and also has an odor eliminating element which has shown great results in the 7 days since being implemented. We are confident that this will help prevent further issues from happening again. Thank you for sharing Debbie.