“Business trip”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ogunquit, Maine
“Business trip”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The staff are gracious and responsive. The facilities are well maintained. The campus itself contains enough activity and amenities so that leaving is not necessary. However, the location is perfect for easy travel to appointments or a walk to the store or restaurant.
Love the robes!!!

Green Features: The hotel advertises environmentally-friendly practices, which I really appreciate. That said, many evenings I found my towel was sent to the the laundry, despite hanging it to dry.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ekinney1
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Senator Inn. We take great pride in the work that we do and look forward to serving our guests and ensuring that they have a pleasant stay.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel had nice rooms with a microwave and refrigerator. The restaurant is worth a visit. Check out the desserts! We stayed in one of the Presidential Suites. The pool is in the spa area and is very nice. There is also a hot tub in the pool room and a steam room. Upstairs from the pool is the exercise room and spa area.

Room Tip: If you are going to use the pool, ask for a room near the spa wing.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bermuda78
Thank you, Sheryl T for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed our property.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Somersworth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stay here frequently for work and I haven't had a bad stay yet. (I get government rates for the work I do, so I can't comment about price, since I don't know what full price is.) This is an older building, but they've done a great job maintaining it. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are cozy, and the FREE continental breakfast is amazing! I'm not crazy about their showers; depending on which room I get I might have a decent one, or a shower head with very light pressure and/or missing spray holes. But other than that I enjoy the facility.

Room Tip: In winter, you might not want one of the rooms in their "out building", since you have to...
Green Features: On multi-day stays you have the option to have your linens changed daily or not, and if you hang up your towels rather than leave them lying around, they won't replace those either.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 1LAM1
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in offering a wonderful breakfast to start your day off right.

We look forward to seeing you soon.
Ohio, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This place is the most dirties place I have ever stayed in.bathroom tiles were dirty with brown stuff on them .bathtub had mold inside and on the edges of the bathtub.tissue holder looked like it had never been dusted in years.beds sheets were not neat at all.sheets were wrinkled. I stayed two nights and housekeeper kept doing both beds wrinkled. Looked like it was rushed.rugs are disgusting. And smelled like mold.when I took my shoes off the rug was wet.disgusting yuck.......I had family staying in one of the nicer rooms with a fireplace and the rugs up there was stained dirty. Toiled and bathtub had problems.barely any hot water.plz don't waste your money here.

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank daris123
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have a variety of room styles from smaller economy sized rooms to Luxury suites. Your comments are important to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service.

On behalf of the Senator Team, I would like to extend my apology for the disappointment that you’ve encountered with your room.

As the Assistant General Manager, I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and to provide you with a satisfying resolution. My contact information can be found on the Senator Inn website.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I cannot say enough positives about all the staff, from the front desk to the restaurant to housekeeping to the pool and spa: each and every person I spoke with was positive, polite, helpful and very obviously well trained. The room was spotlessly clean as was the pool and spa. Was the decor a bit dated? Yes, but I am not so much interested in decor as I am cleanliness and service. Both were just impeccable. And the price was extremely competitive. As a lodge owner myself I know just how much it costs to redo and update furnishings. In this economy, I think the Inn has very wisely chosen to focus on their employees and the service provided. I was in the area for a show at the Civic Center and could not be happier to come back to a massage and pool at the end of a long day. And to be able to have room service deliver a delicious dinner from Cloud 9 at 9PM was the icing on the cake. I recommended the Senator to everyone I spoke with at the show and I will continue to do so.

Room Tip: My room was at the far end of the hall from stairs and elevator: no foot traffic or commotion!
Green Features: Love that they encourage guests to reuse towels and save power: it is up to ALL of us to conserve and save!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kokadjobarbie
Thank you taking the time to comment on your stay at the Senator Inn & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that all of the staff was helpful and giving great service. We love to hear that our guests enjoyed the rooms, restaurant and the spa.

We look forward to seeing you next time.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here because I was attending a business event at the Augusta Civic Center, and it was on the list of recommended hotels.

WHAT A DUMP!!!

When I checked in, I was "upgraded" to a suite. The suite happened to be located in the basement. Think of a scary movie in an old hotel from the 50's. With the scary wallpaper and pictures with the moving eyes. Yes, that's the Senator Inn.

Total grunge furniture, horrible smell!!! I don't think it has been remodeled since the first senators stayed here!

Avoid this place!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jocelyn K
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at the Senator Inn & Spa. Your comments are vital to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service. On behalf of the Senator Team, I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the disappointment that you’ve encountered with your room.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Rooms are dated, and those with outside/parking lot access should have space immediately in front of the door assigned to that room. Very frustrating to locate a space far from your door and then try maneuver your luggage between the cars parked right up and hanging over your access walkway. Staff at the front desk is very pleasant, however the maids are extremely loud and this begins quite early. Slamming of doors, banging into walls, shouting up and down hallway and between rooms to each other...was not appreciated. The rooms are really dated, our desk chair had a huge cigarette burn in it when we arrived. The night light that remains on (no way to turn off) in the bathroom while convenient for night time trips is at a level so that when anyone without height is going about their business it is blinding!Room is awkward with the bathroom in center of room, with the very bright light bulbs reflecting in the huge mirror it will blind your partner on the bed (perhaps low wattage bulbs could improve this). Our microwave did not function properly at all but the fridge was nice to keep drinks cool in the room. The hot tub was enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keriqueen
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Senator Inn & Spa. Unfortunately, we don’t have assigned parking for each guest room. However we do have plenty of parking to accommodate each guest.
We are currently renovating our rooms and bringing them up to date. We will address the housekeeping issue at our next meeting to ensure they are working effectively without disturbing the guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!