“Absolutely terrible customer service”
Review of Senator Inn & Spa

Senator Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rumford, Maine
“Absolutely terrible customer service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed overnight and accidentily left my sons bear behind. I called as soon as I got home and was told by the front desk the bear had been found in the room. I told the lady I live two hrs away how long can the bear be held. She told me they would hold it for a month when could I get it. I told her I would be down in two weeks. She promised she would make a note that I would come get it and told me to call when I was on my way so they could have the bear at the desk. Two weeks and one day later I called and said id be down and arrived to be told the bear could not be found. The only saving grace to this experience was the head of housejeeping a man named joe. He spent hours searching for the bear and was extremely upset when I told him about my son being very upset he has special needs and its very hard for him to wait the two weeks for me to have enough time off work to drive down. Now to tell him the bear is gone and is pretty much irreplacable as I cant find anotger and he doesnt want another he wants the same bear. I asked joe to have the general manager to call me so I could speak with him about this. The bear was either stolen by an employee or t hr own away is what joe told me. I have waited four days for a call from the general manager and havnt even recieved a call from anyone in management much less the general manager. Absolutely terrible customer service or carw for returning customers. On top of that the locker rooms and showers in the pool area were unclean and smelled quite badly. The room was ok better then the first room we stayed in where the floor tiles were broken and you couldnt get into the bathroom without wedging past the bathroom door. The young man running the desk at the spa had quite a snippy attitude whem asked to provide a bathrobe for my massage which I did not recieve a bath robe and was lectured quite profusely on being five minutes late to something im paying for. Perhaps if there were not so many people in the parking lot that I had to park two rows away from my room and spa I would have made it on time. Not sure how when a hotel is only half booked every parking space in front of the rooms is full. Just disgusted with the whole experience.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank vacationtime1981
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your review with regards to your recent stay at the Senator Inn & Spa.

Your comments are invaluable to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service. On behalf of the Senator Team, I would like to extend my sincerest apology for your son's bear that was lost.

As the Assistant General Manager I would be happy to have the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and to provide you with a satisfying resolution. My contact information can be found on the Senator Inn website.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Portland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Met a few friends for an over night, and Augusta was a nice middle spot for us to meet. Our room was sufficient. Clean and comfortable. Spa area was also clean. We used hot tub, pool, sauna and workout space with no complaints :) Not luxurious, but adequate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sweetpea92
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel. We are currently renovating many of our rooms to keep them up to date. We are delighted that you enjoyed our Lounge and hope to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Only stayed for one night on business. Room was clean, just Very outdated. All furniture needs updating. Bar in the hotel was great. Good drinks and atmosphere. Food in the Restaurant at the hotel.... Really not that great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jean P
Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friends and I stayed at the Senator Inn & Spa while we were competing with our dogs in an agility trial nearby. We were delighted to find such a nice place that's also pet-friendly. We were in the wing that adjoins a nice little walking area for the dogs to relieve themselves - very convenient! We also had an excellent meal in the restaurant, and there were several vegetarian choices.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex are good for people with pets, and they're very attractive, comfortable, and...
Green Features: The inn's environmentally-friendly practices would also steer me toward staying there rather than somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jamie H
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of the Senator Inn & Spa. We are proud to be a pet friendly and an environmentally friendly hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 22 May 2014

One of the nicest, most comfortable I've ever stayed in. We stayed in a suite with Jaccuzi and fireplace. The jaccuzi is a tight fit for 2, but functioned well. Rooms are well appointed, with everything you could want.

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. When the front desk couldn't get a maintenance person to come light the fireplace pilot, he came up and did it himself!

We'll stay there everytime we go to Augusta.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill H
Thank you Bill H for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the spa suite with the fireplace and the single person Jacuzzi jet tub. We are happy to hear that the staff gave you their top notch service.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Housekeeping staff were great very helpful polite and eager to help. The food was terrific; I had brick oven BBQ chicken pizza very tasty. Can not wait to come back. The restaurant was beautiful, clean and the staff very helpful they chatted with my grand kids and made us feel at home

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiffani G
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you, Tiffani G for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn & Spa. We are very proud of the staff for making you feel at home and delighted you enjoyed the brick oven pizza from the Cloud 9 Restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Hartland, Maine
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I was at the hotel for a conference and had the pleasure of "working" at the Senator for two days. Little did I know I'd be pampered with exceptional food and a room with a spa tub, fireplace and oh so comfortable bed! Next time I hope to make time for the pool and fitness area. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Maine_Designer
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We love to hear that even though you were here on business, that we could pamper you with great food and a relaxing, comfortable room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!