“Good Buffet”

Great Wall Buffet
Ranked #26 of 100 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 June 2014

All the food was hot and fresh. The price was good for a Sunday evening. Not a 5 star meal but its a buffet for about $12 you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

When we first arrived was nervous as you never know with Chinese anymore. I met say I am glad I gave it a try. They literally have over 200 choices to choose from which is great as I love Chinese but some in my family do not. The selection was awesome and the price very reasonable. There were 6 in our party and we all got to eat and it was under $50.00 with drinks! They have a whole bar for desserts and yes fruits and vegetables for those that don't eat meat. They truly offer just about everything. Will definitely come back here when I am in the area Keep up the great work

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our family of four had supper here while staying the night in the area. The front desk staff at the hotel had eaten here and didn't hesitate recommending this spot. We felt that there was a great selection of items to pick from but that the overall freshness wasn't all that good for some of the less popular items. (I think some of the items had been out way too long.) Overall, we left satisfied for the evening but in the end I think we'd give another restaurant a try if we stopped in Augusta again.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The price is definitely good, but the food is nothing to write home about. Some of it was good, other was not. My husband liked it (but he likes everything). I personally wouldn't go back. I will say the waitresses were VERY friendly.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Great Wall Buffet is nothing to write home about. The food all served buffet style is typically cold and old. I haven’t dared to try the “fresh cut” sushi, as no one has taken any and God only knows how long it has sat out. The variety isn’t super, it is what you would expect at a Chinese buffet, the usual assortment of fried meats, occasionally mixed with vegetables with enough sauce to drown a rat, a few odd things like fish pie, with a few American options for the kids. They do have a Mongolian BBQ but it never looks manned, so most just skip it.
The staff is quick to refill your drink or to take a plate. I will give the staff credit as even if they are busy they are right on top of things, and they even sometimes smile. A smile goes a long way in my book.
There is loads of room as the building used to house Happy wheels. When the GF and I go, mostly because we forget what it is like there because it has been so long, there might be 50 people there but you wouldn’t know it. It is well lit, and fairly clean. All in all if your looking for American-Chinese, Great Wall will fill you up.