“Some of the worst Chinese food I've ever had!”
Review of China King

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Some of the worst Chinese food I've ever had!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stopped at China King for dinner a couple of nights ago. My family and I had been in Maine for almost two weeks visiting family in the Augusta area and we were craving Chinese. I'm not sure if there just aren't any good Chinese restaurants in Maine or what I was expecting, but this is some of the worst Chinese food that I've ever had. I've lived in Hawaii, California and Texas and there's no comparison. Panda Express was better that this. The buffet looked horrible but my 10 year old decided to eat it anyways. He only ate half a plate. The rest of us ordered off the menu. I ordered the shrimp special and trust me, there was nothing special about it. We took the leftovers home, but ended up tossing it in the trash. On a good note, the service our waitress provided was excellent! Go somewhere else for Chinese in Augusta!

• Visited July 2013

Monmouth, Maine
“A Buffet with fresh food made in small batches-- really trying !”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant and its small friendly staff. What I enjoyed most was that they cooked the buffet items fresh in small batches rather than leave it in steam tables like other

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ken B
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not so good!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I went for buffet on Saturday night. But there were not too many people. Food was not looking fresh and was not presentable. There were lots of things in buffet but very few of them were tasty. However, service was good. Most likely will not go again for buffet.

• Visited March 2013
Belgrade, ME
“Terrible”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We used to love this place. I believe that it changed hands and ever since has gone way down hill. The food just isn't good at all. The taste is off on what we usually get. Bland and tasteless.

Visited April 2013
Augusta, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bought a gift certificate that they wouldn't let me use!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I bought a gift certificate through Resturants.com for this resturant and went to use it yesterday...only to find out that I couldn't use it for the buffet and I had to present the certificate before ordering (which I did). The waitress was rather rude about it and said that it could only be used for menu items (althought the certificate said nothing about this). Apparently they would have changed my meal size I suppose had I used the certificate. I did order the buffet, which had a good selection of items, but the food was marginal and some was not hot.
As for the certificate...I threw it out. Not worth going back even for a discount.
I'll stick with Lucky Garden in Hallowell, ME from now on...it's always delicious, has a warm atmosphere and the staff are always professional.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Linda R

Been to China King? Share your experiences!