“What has happened to this restaurant?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Central Maine
“What has happened to this restaurant?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We used to enjoy this restaurant and would go here often. Last time we went, it was terrible. We figured we would give it a few months (almost 8) and try it again. Tonight's visit was just as disappointing as the last time. As I sit here and write this, my stomach is literally hurting, I am as thirsty as I could possibly be and just feel all around unwell from it. The restaurant was empty around 6:00 - given it is a weeknight - but still. The buffet was barely filled and what was there was only a couple of each thing. Would rather have it overloaded with items sitting in "steam tables" as at least the chance to "dig down" to some moist selections rather than what was presented (or not for that matter). Maybe the hostess informing the kitchen they had customers and to bring out some more items to fill the pans would be have been helpful. The food was either dry, overcooked or just warm. Chicken chop suey was as pale as white paper - green vegetables were white. . Egg rolls were dried inside and what is usually cabbage was a strip of unknown inside. Horrible. While we hate to even think of going to the super Chinese buffets, head to the next exit and go there. Or, head to the airport for Thai or to Hallowell for Thai or Chinese. Do not waste your time, money ($10.50 per person for dinner) or the chance to have an "I just ate a great meal" feeling on this place. Heck, just head up the avenue to KFC for the same feeling in your stomach.

• Visited July 2013

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Some of the worst Chinese food I've ever had!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stopped at China King for dinner a couple of nights ago. My family and I had been in Maine for almost two weeks visiting family in the Augusta area and we were craving Chinese. I'm not sure if there just aren't any good Chinese restaurants in Maine or what I was expecting, but this is some of the worst Chinese food that I've ever had. I've lived in Hawaii, California and Texas and there's no comparison. Panda Express was better that this. The buffet looked horrible but my 10 year old decided to eat it anyways. He only ate half a plate. The rest of us ordered off the menu. I ordered the shrimp special and trust me, there was nothing special about it. We took the leftovers home, but ended up tossing it in the trash. On a good note, the service our waitress provided was excellent! Go somewhere else for Chinese in Augusta!

• Visited July 2013
Monmouth, Maine
“A Buffet with fresh food made in small batches-- really trying !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant and its small friendly staff. What I enjoyed most was that they cooked the buffet items fresh in small batches rather than leave it in steam tables like other

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ken B
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not so good!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I went for buffet on Saturday night. But there were not too many people. Food was not looking fresh and was not presentable. There were lots of things in buffet but very few of them were tasty. However, service was good. Most likely will not go again for buffet.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Belgrade, ME
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We used to love this place. I believe that it changed hands and ever since has gone way down hill. The food just isn't good at all. The taste is off on what we usually get. Bland and tasteless.

Visited April 2013