“As good a place as any” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta

Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
Connecticut
“As good a place as any”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Unable to secure a reservation for a room with two beds, we ended up in a suite with a king and small foldout couch. Unlike similar designs in other hotel chains, there is no way to close off the space between the bedroom and living area, but the suite was generally well-designed with good lighting and even an "iHome" dock that the kids used to play their music. There was also a microwave, fridge, and free wifi. Some features were perplexing -- how could both TVs possibly be in use at the same time? who designed the floor lamp with the -all-but-invisible switch in its frame? why doesn't the bedding in the room include a blanket for the foldout? Only one feature was truly annoying -- sandpaper towels one might expect to have found in a Motel 6 circa 1990.

Overall, everything was okay without deserving any superlatives. There's a fitness center and gym but both are small. There's a decent breakfast spread but lacking in fresh fruit and other healthy options. The staff were genuinely helpful but there never seemed to be more than one person at the front desk regardless of the foot traffic. Would I stay here again? Possibly, but I wouldn't be averse to trying elsewhere as well.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
spaulding
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Never again will i stay at this hotel. I tried to check in a half hour before the check in time and the young man at the front desk told me there was nothing available. It took over 40 minutes for something to become available.  While i was getting myself settled in my room i discovered rotten milk in my fridge. The room looked like it hadnt even been cleaned. There was toothpaste in the bathroom and plenty of hair that did not belong to me. I tried to use the indoor pool but chlorine was so strong that i could not stand it. I counted 5 lights that  were out in the hallways during my stay. As i was checking out there was a woman behing the front desk who was wearing a tye dye shirt and a baseball cap talking extremely loud to another man who also looked like he did not belong there. i found this to be very unprofessional, especially for the arm and leg that i paid to stay there.  Next time I will stay at the quality inn across town.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank fitzy66
zappa6372
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

I really enjoyed my stayed at the Fairfield Marriott. I stayed in an executive suite and was very impressed. It was very comfortable and very spacious. I enjoyed the fact it had a microwave I was able to heat up food without having to leave my room. I liked the retro vibe through out the hotel. The internet acces in the hotel was very convenient while nneeding to conduct business. The breakfast area was very nice especially the fireplace very cozy. I will highly reccomend to all my friends and collegues to stay here when on business or pleasure. The hot tub was a great end to my buisy day.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank zappa6372
Portsmouth, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

I recently stayed here with a granddaughter and her friend. I booked a standard double room but was upgraded (at no additional cost) to a suite. The girls had a lot of space and their own TV. They went to the lobby to sit by the fireplace. the front desk person brought them cookies that were stll warm! They are still talking about that. But, besides this, the hotel is sparkling clean, beautiful, welcoming decor, great service from all the staff and the breakfast was the best we have ever had that was considered a continental breakfast.
Great job to the Fairfield Inn staff. I am so glad I stayed here and I'll be back to stay whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank socadancer
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

I have stayed at many hotels before, but never have I been to such a friendly and clean place. The staff made my family feel right at home. The rooms are very comfortable and with a tropical feel, just what we need in the winter months. They said it was a continental breakfast, but I have never seen so many choices before, my son loved the hot waffles and the breakfast person was so friendly making sure we had what we needed. I would surely stay here when I am in the area again. Great Job!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank guyfamily
Quincy, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

I am in the area a lot for business and stay here often. The hotel was built in the last few years and all the rooms are updated. Basic rooms have a mini fridge and the studios have a microwave and fridge. The front desk & cleaning staff are pleasant and very helpful. There are quiet a few chain restaurants very close to the hotel (Olive Garden, Longhorn, Panera, Wendys, etc.). The pool is probably the smallest pool I've ever seen in a hotel; don't plan on swimming any laps there.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Sarah7644
thebadmambajamba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

My girlfriend and I stumbled in to this inn not to long ago on our way through maine. The first impression blew us away. The staff was great, and catered to our every need. It being late fall and chilly out, the indoor whirlpool and pool was great. The colors scheme was beautiful, and made us feel right at home. The suite was roomy, clean and cozy. All the amenities were great, WiFi, free parking, breakfast, etc. Oh and I almost forgot to mention the complimentary otis spunkmeyer cookies, yumm. I would deffinetly recommend this to anyone in the augusta area, best around.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thebadmambajamba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Senator Inn & Spa
#1 of 1 in Hallowell
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta? Share your experiences!