Comfort Inn Civic Center
US$152
Hotels.com
US$162
Homewood
Axell's Scandinavian Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$143
US$130
Official Site
All reviewscivic centerfront deskbreakfast roomhot tubwafflesthe young ladysausageking bedcheck in was easyfresh fruitnice breakfastbusiness tripeasy accessrooms are cleanwaffle makernight stayoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Carpet in room felt very dirty and grimy, had to wear footwear at all times. Bedspread...eww. Sheeting was clean and beds were comfortable. Bathroom was lovely and clean.

Backdoor entry is broken despite management saying in an earlier review that it had been fixed. back stairwell full of dead flies, moths etc along with a few live ones.

Many different areas in both the exterior and interior showing signs of tiredness and wear. This location needs a refurb in order to bring it in line with the standards of other Comfort Inns I have stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Canmum
Erica H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear your stay was anything but fantastic. Our guest's satisfaction is very important to us. We will soon be in the midst of some exciting renovations. We would be pleased to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Pet friendly room, great location, clean, friendly staff. Would stay here again for sure! Eat next door at 99 - great prime rib! Very pet friendly, area out back to walk dogs. We stayed here for two nights to visit Boothbay Harbor. Nice drive over there. And although we had a pet friendly room, there was no smell. And a lot of times pet friendly rooms are also smoking, this one was not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Erica H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for your review. Our pet policy is one of the best! We love having furry friends stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is my first tripadvisor review.... Here goes!

Though the Comfort seemed to be severely understaffed, I would recommend this hotel over the Senator Inn any day! I was supposed to stay at the Senator Inn for 3 days, but checked out after my first night there because my feet were sticky after walking across the floor without my shoes. DISGUSTING. It was also very outdated and reeked of cigarrettes even though I requested a non-smoking room. Anyway, when a coworker of mine recommended the Comfort, I made reservations for the rest of my stay in Augusta. I've stayed at the Comfort twice now for business in Augusta, and I have yet to be disappointed! I must admit that I was a bit shocked to see a nose piercing on one of the female front desk associates, but other than that, everyone was very professional and friendly. One of the housekeeping employees (Kyle) even made an elephant out of a towel! Cute. (I left you a tip, Kyle! It was in an envelope which I delivered to the girl with the nose ring).

Note to hotel manager: Your employees all need a raise (especially Zachary, who inspired me to leave a tripadvisor review). As a former employee of the hospitality industry, I know just how overwhelming, stressful, frustrating, and downright CRAZY a position as a front desk associate can be. I also recommend that you hire more front desk associates! Your hotel is waaaaay too big to have just one person on staff! It's not fair (or safe) to your employees and it's frustrating to your guests.

Note to hotel staff: Stay in school, get a degree, and get out of the hospitality industry as soon as you can! I have been where you are, and I feel your frustrations! Advocate for yourselves! Hugs to all of you!

Thanks, Comfort Inn staff! I shall recommend you to my fellow state employees! Cheers!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We work very hard to please each and every guest, and it is always a pleasure to hear feedback. We have wonderful staff members, and they will be happy to hear they're work is appreciated. Looking forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

They gave us a smoking room. When I asked for switching it to a non-smoking room, they told us it was because of booking online via booking.com, and they could not do anything for us. They also said it happens all the time when someone is booking via booking.com. When we insisted to switch, the front desk staff told us that they would try if there was a cancellation. We checked with her several time, she kept telling us that there wasn't one. However, through her body language, we could tell that she had no intention to help us at all. BTW, we had many reservations via booking.com on the same trip, this was the only one we had problem with.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, most online reservations do come thru to us as smoking rooms, if no special requests were added to the reservation. I am truly sorry there were no non-smoking rooms available during the time of your stay. We welcome you to try us again in the future and let us make your stay a great one.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Civic Center for a long weekend on July. We had stayed there a couple of times a few years ago and found it very clean and comfortable. This time it was just ok. It did not seem as if it was quite as clean as it was in the past and was starting to show some wear. The day after we checked in, we got back fairly late and discovered that nobody had been in the room at all. The bed was not made and the used towels were on the floor in the bathroom exactly where we had left them that morning. These seemed inexcusable. Fortunately, the second day, the room was cleaned and the towels were replaced. Other than that, there was nothing that bad, its just that it did not seem as good as it once was. We have stayed in many Comfort Inns over the years and depending on where you are they range from very basic to quite nice. I had always considered this one quite nice but it just isn't quite as nice as it once was. I'll probably try some place else next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Comfort Inn. We are working hard to guarantee customer satisfaction. The pool is set to be renovated this fall, as well as other areas of our property. Your feedback is important to us and appreciated.