“Ideal spot next to the Civic Center & Malls”

Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Easy off-on access from I-95. Staff here is welcoming and friendly. We had a free night at a Best Western of our choice after staying at five other BW while driving cross country. (Great promotion.) The room was fresh and well appointed with plenty of room to move around: flat screen television and free wi-fi, plus a free newspaper as an extra. The bathroom was clean and looked freshly redone. Decor was clean without a lot of frou-frou flowers everywhere. We had a quiet room facing the pool and garden area. Indoor hall access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia L

Reviewed 21 June 2012

only stay at best western chain. haven't stayed here before so thought we'd try it. nice and clean hotel. staff is excellent. restaurant on site. really good food.. got a welcome bag at check in. contained water crackers candy and chocolate. for breakfast a take out bag with water muffin kashi bar and an apple. right off the highway and across the street from a mall.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Marcia: Thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor about the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn. We hope you had a great stay and I hope the front desk staff answered alll your questions.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here when I attended a convention at the Augusta Civic Center. Rooms are spacious, very nice. Staff is very friendly and helpful. During my stay, a fire alarm sounded and they made sure everyone moved safely outside. It turned out a fire in a trash can outside set off the smoke alarm inside the hotel.

There is a nice restaurant attached to the hotel as well, and there are several other restaurants very close by. This hotel has the best location, because it is right next to the Civic Center, with restaurants and shopping very close by.

The only issue I had was internet access. I couldn't access the hotel Wifi, however, I was able to access the Civic Center Wifi from the room, so it wasn't a big deal.

Room Tip: Rustlers restaurant is attached to the hotel, and it is nice, but Olive Garden, Longhorn, and Denny...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony O
Marc M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for your respnse on Tripadvisor. I appologize for any internet issues you had I know there are a couple of choices to choose from once you log on to the internet and the one that we use is the BW Civic Center. The next time you stay if you have the same problem please call the front desk so that we can help to resolve it.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

After comparing rates at similar properties in the area, I chose this place. When you book, be sure to ask if there are any promotional deals going on at the time. I wasn't told about a "3-night minimum" promotional rate until I asked if I was getting the best rate. This hotel is clean, has easy on-off highway access and is located right across the street from a very large shopping area that has many stores and restaurants. The front desk, manager, Marc, was helpful and friendly.
My only word of caution is, if possible, you may want to try to avoid a room facing the rear parking lot. During a couple of nights of my stay, there were tractor trailers that parked there overnight and they were loud when pulling in and out. Otherwise, the place is quiet enough. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My only word of caution is, if possible, you may want to try to avoid a room facing the rear parking...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Marc M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I appologize for the truck parking and I have fixed that issue. Now every trucker rec. a letter stating that they can park accross the street in the lower parking lot. Thank you for reconizing me in your comment, I have learned a long time ago that if you treat others the way you want to be treated good things will come of it. My staff and myself treat all guests as if this was there home and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Marc

Reviewed 12 April 2012

This used to be a Holiday Inn.
We had to travel to Augusta for a banking compliance class for my wife's position with the local credit union.
The hotel was within walking distance from the Augusta Civic Center where the class was held. Also in close proximity to banking and restaurants.
The check in process was quick and efficient and the staff friendly and knowledgable. We requested and were granted first floor adjacent rooms which were clean and tidy.
The only down side was the outdoor pool was closed, but understandable given the season, and a tractor trailer (reefer) was in the parking lot with the refridge unit running all night.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the rear parking lot in case of overnight tractor trailer parking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Marc M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Fred: Thank you for your response. I am sorry that our pool is outdoors and closed when you were here, If you have the chance in the summer to come again and enjoy the pool it is lovely. We here at the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn do our best to make all guests feel comfortable and at home. Again I thank you.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stay in Augusta once a week, on average, and recently "found" the Civic Center Inn. I am so pleased. The front desk staff (particularly "Mark") are friendly, courteous and helpful. I always get the room I want; check-in is quick and efficient. The hotel is clean and well cared for; it always smells clean, it is quiet, the beds are comfortable, the TVs are updated. The restaurant is decent. The work out room is small but in good shape, with water, towels and TV. The hotel is a quick easy on/easy off the highway. I recommend this hotel, especially for the price! Now I'm looking forward to the opening of the outdoor pool! Please hurry!

Room Tip: I prefer the first floor, nearer the back entrance. It is always quiet.
1  Thank Kim M

Kim:

Thank you for your Review here. We do our best to meet all requests from our guests and I am glad that you like the fitness room for it was remolded a year ago. I look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've stayed here many times in the last 11 years. In 2001 this was a Holiday Inn in relatively good shape, but over the 8 or 9 years subsequent to that nothing was ever done and it deteriorated to the point that Holiday Inn came in and pulled the franchise. From what I understand an investment company came along and bought the property (along with their sister property, the Best Western in Waterville that used to be a Holiday Inn as well). They have done a pretty decent job renovating this place in the last year or so, changing out carpets, wallcoverings, light fixtures, mattresses, replacing the old tube TV's with 32" LCD's, and so forth. The staff is pleasant at the rooms are clean. Aside from the ridiculously overpriced Fairfield Inn down the road, this is probably the best option in Augusta.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor away from the stairs and elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. The owners did do a major renovation a year ago to become a Best Western Plus. all the rooms now have microwaves/refridge, our internet speed is much faster, we built a business center that is not in the lobby over all it is a better hotel and our staff is great. We look forward to you staying again with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn? Share your experiences!