“return trip”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Augusta, Maine
“return trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

had a great trip ,everything was clean and neet room was great with great service thank to kathy for your help, had breakfast in morning great choices of food to choose from thank you brenda in the breakfast room for being so friendly and helpful nice breakfast room and i see you added tv great idea got to check weather and news thank you for the great stay and i will be back on return trips

Room Tip: i like upstairs i found it a little quietier
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Belinda P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
bbarduck1,

I appreciate the time that you took to write a review for the property! I am glad that you had such a great trip! It is nice to hear that our employees, specifically Kathy and Brenda, were able to provide you with great customer service throughout your stay.

Thank you for noticing that we have added a television in our breakfast room!

We are looking forward to hosting you during your future stays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff here made my stay a really great one...the room was clean...the wireless internet worked great and because they were out of chocolate chip cookies the night i arrived...they delivered two to my room the next day....superb customer service

1 Thank Russ P
Belinda P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Russ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! It is nice to hear that you had such a great stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our chocolate chip cookies do tend to be taken pretty quickly especially on busy days, but I'm glad that we were able to get some to you on the following day!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Mass.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is the third time we have stayed at this property. We checked in on Jan 11, to attend the Northeast Motorsports Expo. Our other 2 trip we experianced no problems.
Shortly after arriving we set up our laptop and could not get a WIFI signal. We checked with the desk and was told it was our computer. We also tried with 3 other devices with no luck. They also do not supply a wired connection in their rooms . We called the desk latter that night and was told its your equipment. We then call the tech support # on the card in the room and they where no help.

The next morning on checkout we told by the morning desk person who said, If there was a problem with the wifi the truckers would have complained.

On Monday I filled out review on the Best Western Page, and received a call from the manager, at that time she stated that they had their WIFI upgraded and that it was worse than before they started.

I understood she was going to refund my room fee, but they refunded $10. When I contacted Best western again she said refunds are against their policy and she would refund another $10. I told her to forget it.

We use our laptop for work and to monitor our home when we travel and would never stay in a property with out an internet connection. And if you have a problem with your property don't deny it. Also when you have an inch of ice all over your parking lot use some salt to melt the ice instead of putting sand and waiting for spring to solve the problem.

We will not be staying at any of 20023 property's again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Belinda P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Modified Fan,

Once again I do sincerely apologize for the poor Wi-Fi connection that you experienced while staying at our property and I also once again apologize that the Front Desk was not able to help you get connected to the internet.

I regret that you felt as though we were trying to deny that our internet connection is not equally strong throughout all of our hotel rooms; however, this is something that I touched on in my original response to your survey by saying that "It (our wireless connection) is something that we are working on with our owners in order to get the challenge resolved." Also, as mentioned over the phone we are having Wi-Fi connectivity challenges in some of our rooms and are currently looking into getting this challenge resolved as it is important to us that our guests are able to access the internet while they are staying with us. As you mentioned, we do not have a hard-wired connection in our guest rooms; however, our business center that is available to all guests 24/7 has both a strong wireless connection as well as a hard-wired option.

As I mentioned before it is not typical that we discount so heavily on an already discounted group rate; however, we did make the exception. In total we discounted your room by 25% because we understand that Wi-Fi is something that our guests expect from us and as you have expressed the Wi-Fi connection in your particular room was not up to our quality standards.

I am sorry that you will not be staying with us again, but I can assure you that we will be working on our internet connectivity to ensure an equally strong connection throughout all of our rooms to ensure that our future guests do not experience the same wireless challenges that you faced. In light of this I hope that you will give us another chance to meet and exceed your expectations in all aspects of your stay with us.
Caribou, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very convenient when doing business in Augusta, Me Close by the Augusta civic center and I 95 easy to find. At this time I find it very inconvenient to keep typing when I have said all to have to say!! Making someone that does not type for a living spell out 200 letters is not necessary!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belinda P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Sam B.,

Thank you for writing a review for our property! Our location is a great asset to us because as you mentioned we are easy to find with our close proximity to the highway and the Augusta Civic Center.

I am sorry about the inconvenience of having a minimum number of letters requirement. I will be contacting Trip Advisor later in the day to see if this is a setting that we can change or if it is a standard requirement for all Trip Advisor reviews.

It is nice to hear that you had a good stay at our property and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Waltham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

When I arrived in Augusta , Me its was -11 F the reception was warm and friendly and the coffee was hot and plentiful. Spent a very restful night and was well rested for work. I am going to use this hotel again when I am in Augusta on all of my trips to Maine.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belinda P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
John,

It is nice to hear that you had such a good experience with us! Here at the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn we constantly strive to provide all of our guests with a warm welcome and a hot pot of coffee!

I am glad that you have decided to stay with us in your future travels to the Augusta area. We look forward to hosting you!
Portland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Excellent stay, heard the breakfast was wonderful & to get the waffles next time (I slept in & missed it). Only complaint is that it smells like cigarette smoke in the hall. Smell Did Not follow us in the room & it was Very comfortable otherwise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belinda P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Bethany,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review for our property! We like to hear about our guest's experiences as it helps us to improve our hotel to better accommodate our guests.

I am sorry that the hallway smelled of smoke. I will be using your feedback to speak to our Executive Housekeeper so that she can ensure that her staff is doing the most that they can to manage any smoke that may drift down the hallway from the smoking section of our property.

Even though I regret that you missed out on our complimentary breakfast selections I am glad that you missed it because you were sleeping well! Our guest's comfort is paramount to our success and it is great that you were able to be comfortable and had time to relax during your time with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Glen Allen, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Well - We (wife and I) have been back to this same location now many times since the first review. Each time, there are changes for the better. The "Breakfast Area" now has all the needed items and appliances for a good breakfast experience. (the attached restaurent does not do breakfast anymore) The staff is as pleasant as if you were staying in their home. Reall is a convient location and the staff (ALL of them) make the trip worth while.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belinda P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Andrew P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am glad that our breakfast options met your expectations. I also greatly appreciate the feedback about our employees. Our property is overflowing with hard-working employees who take pride in making each of our guests feel welcome while they are staying with us.

Thank you for being such a frequent visitor to our property we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Senator Inn & Spa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn
Maple Hill Farm Inn
#1 of 1 in Hallowell

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn? Share your experiences!