“Wonderful staff.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newport News, Virginia
“Wonderful staff.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were transferred to Maine from Virginia. We are in the process of building and needed to be close to the property and work. This place was in the middle and very convenient to the interstate. The staff, Brenda, Kathy, and Emily went out of thier way to accommodate both us and our older border collie. The girls at the front desk were always very friendly and helpful also. (I seemed to have a problem hanging on to my door key.) I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing more than an overnight stay. They treat you like family.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Belinda P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Breaze_Lisa,

It was our absolute pleasure to host you during your relocation time! It is great to hear that our staff helped to make your stay with us an enjoyable one.

We know that travelers have multiple options when it comes to their hotel accommodations which is why I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We hope to host you, as well as, your friends and family in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
bergen cty nj
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Enjoyed a great stay over camp visiting weekend. When I arrived, I realized I had inadvertently booked a smoking room - which I did NOT want! The hotel was so booked up..I was so unhappy! But then Tracy at the front desk calmed me down and worked with me, searching hard for a better room alternative for me. Not only did she make my stay great, but her kind and personable manner calmed me down after a stressful 7 hour drive. The hotel itself was good too. Very clean and terrific breakfast buffet included. Great friendly staff at the breakfast buffet as well. Customer service at this location is excellent. Thanks Best Western and thanks Tracy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Belinda P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
njerseymom,

It is refreshing to hear that Tracy was able to turn a potential negative experience into a positive one for you and your family. Unfortunately, when booking through third party websites reservations tend to come into our system as either handicapped accessible or smoking and we are unsure of whether the guest actually requested that room type or if they got put in that room type because it was all that we had left at the time.

I appreciate your kind words about our staff and it is great that you found our breakfast buffet to be up to your standards.

Once again, I am glad that we were able to get you into the room type that you were looking for. We look forward to hosting you in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Room was adequate . Left for the day and returned at 4pm to an unmade up room. Housekeeping went home and they could not take care of the cleaning. A very small discount was offered. Not nearly enough for the inconvenience.
Also did not want to honor the quoted rate. Oops, I still had the confirmation
Never again

Carol K,

I apologize that you did not receive the level of service that is typically afforded to each of our guests, there was an oversight and your room did not get serviced for your second night and that there was confusion about your rate; however, once you explained to me about how your AAA discount was not yet taken off of your room rate I was more than happy to make the adjustment for your room.

I also would like to apologize that you felt as though the discount that we gave you was not sufficient for your inconvenience. We will be reviewing our "double check" procedure to help ensure that the same error does not occur again.

Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I apologize that you did not receive our typical standard of service.
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and had a wonderful time, The staff were friendly, helpful, and made you feel welcome. The newly renovated breakfast room was wonderful with a good variety of breakfast items.I had stayed at this hotel previously and returned with family. My family had high praise for my selection of this hotel. I am returning again in August for my third stay, Brenda and Kate were very helpful and I look forward to seeing them again. LB from NS

1 Thank Lois B
Lois B,

It is great to hear that our hotel is your hotel of choice when you come to the Augusta area! We are lucky to have such a hard working and dedicated team that works hard to ensure that each guest feels welcome.

I am glad that you found our breakfast renovations to be satisfactory and that you found our breakfast to have a good selection of items.

Thank you for your continued patronage, we look forward to seeing you in August!
Springfield,Ma., United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay here in Augusta. We were here for a Convention at the Civic Center. We were warmly welcomed by the staff. The motel is clean and service is exceptional. We liked having breakfast there in the morning.,everything was fresh and delicious, the lady that took care of the breakfast bar, Brenda, was friendly and accommodated everyone . I would highly recommend this motel to my friends and family. We really enjoyed our experience and will return again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belinda P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Raymond I,

Thank you for your review of our property! I am pleased to hear that you received a warm welcome from our staff and that you found our hotel to be clean and our service to be "exceptional".

I am very happy that you enjoyed having breakfast with us and that Brenda was friendly and accommodating. We look forward to having your group stay with us in the future!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Rooms had an unpleasant odour that made our whole stay unpleasant. The outdoor pool didn't have a shallow end so our 6 year old had trouble enjoying it. The staff were great. The restaurant was very good. The rooms cleanliness was questionable. TV, remote and WIFI were all good.

Jude W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property; we appreciate guest's feedback as it helps to show us our areas of improvement. I apologize that you did not find our pool's shallow end to be shallow enough. I also apologize that you found your room to have an unpleasant smell; however, I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and that you enjoyed Roosters restaurant!

We hope to host you again in the future.
BROOKLYN NY
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very pleasant stay.nice clean modern hotel.right off highway. we had two rooms. both were great. friendly and helpful staff. very nice outdoor poolwe used a coupon from coupon book so we got a great price also.

718israel,

It is great to hear that you took advantage of our Room Saver coupon! I am glad that you found our hotel to be modern and convenient. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, they are constantly striving to exceed our guest's expectations so it is great to hear that we hit the mark!

We hope to host you again the next time that you're passing through.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Senator Inn & Spa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn
Maple Hill Farm Inn
#1 of 1 in Hallowell

Been to Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn? Share your experiences!