“Good hotel in Aberdeen”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen for about a week while in the area for work. The hotel is a good choice for both business and pleasure. Its location is good for the area, with a grocery store and several restaurants close by. As with other Garden Inns, there were the free cookies and coffee, tea and hot chocolate throughout the day. There was even snacks put out in the evening from sandwiches to salad.

The room was large enough and had the usual amenities. My room had two queen beds. You have the opportunity to select the softness of the mattresses which they advertise during check-in. I played around with the various selections, but only noticed a marginal difference. However the bed was still comfortable. What I liked was the ability to dim the alarm clock, which seems like a minor thing, but helps when you are a light sleeper and prefer darkness. The room also included a small sitting chair in the corner and a work desk by the window.

The hotel does serve breakfast, lunch and dinner at its restaurant located in the lobby. While I don't mind a hotel charging for breakfast, $10.95 is too much. It mentioned that it was all-you-can-eat, the price is more than the value. I did try dinner one night and the food was good. It took awhile to get someone's attention from the back to take my order, but once I had the initial service the bartender was attentive and came by several times throughout my meal.

The Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen is a good hotel and worthwhile if you are staying in Aberdeen. My room on the second floor had all wood floors, and for what I was told by others was the only floor with such an arrangement. The only issue with the rooms was the noise of the refrigerator and the occasional footsteps from above and noise next door.

1  Thank wbullseye
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello wbullseye;
Thank you for taking a moment to share your travel advise with others. I will certainly share your comments with the evening staff. Even though breakfast is $10.95 per adult, we do allow children to eat free (ie: one adult pays full price, one child eats free) which probably did not help you on your business trip, but important for others to know as well. If you do come back to Aberdeen, look us up, and breakfast is on me!
Safe Travels, Andy

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel received a C++ on my grading scale. The staff was very nice, the room was as good as any hotel in this price range, They made me pay for a small tube of toothpaste (surprised when most are complimentary). Parking was packed on the weekend and was hard to find a space. Shower pressure was terrible. Bed was comfortable. I could stay there again as long as a HYATT isn't close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy H

Hi Jimmy H;
Surely we do not expect to compete with Hyatt Hotels! In so far as service and price point, we can compete with many like hotels. Thank you for letting us know about the shower pressure which has never been an issue. I'll keep an eye on it! The bed works with air pressure so it will take a few minutes to equally distribute the air, and I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us; thank you for sharing with the TA community!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place has been my home away from home since it opened in 2009 and has made many improvements during that time. The location is great and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Aberdeen area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for those kind comments Lance. We certainly try hard and will continue to keep plugging away daily! See you soon-Andy

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hilton Honors silver member, checked in at about 8pm, asked about AAA or AARP discounts. I was told that they weren't available due to be almost sold out of rooms, not sure what Hilton policy states. Asked about breakfast, was told served from six til ten for 10.95. This inn is not as nice as others that honor senior discounts,and are much less expensive, with complimentary breakfast. Would not stay again.

1  Thank Larry6332
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello Larry6332;
You're right; sometimes it is hard to believe that tiny Aberdeen MD gets so busy! Our room rates are based on supply and demand economics. We do offer a limited number of discounts every single night of the year; and they obviously sell out first. As they do, our room rates increase. Our hotel is the smallest (of comparable hotels) in the area and our supply/demand in room rates reflects that.
Also, Hilton Garden Inn brand standards do not offer complimentary breakfast at any time. As your stay frequency grows and the pattern repeats itself, you may reap one of the rewards of the HHonors membership as the program does offer complimentary breakfast as one of the top level perks. Many of our guests utilize this option every day.
Thanks for your patronage and we hope you will give us another try. If you can, please call me in advance of your arrival.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel when I brought my family in town to attend a close family friends retirement from the Army. The hotel is overall nice, but the breakfast is extremely over priced (30-40 dollars for two adults and two children), and the front desk staff was very nice. Traffic in the area is minimal, so if I had it to do over again I would have stayed a little further from the base at the Homewood Suites just to get a better Breakfast price in addition the room rates were also a little cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael C
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Hello Michael C
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently; we appreciate your patronage.
Yes, it is important to know that the Hilton Garden Inn brand does not include any complimentary breakfast. For a substantial savings next time, I encourage you to purchase this option in advance (based on the day of week) which could save you 50% on that added breakfast cost.
Please let me know if you have a question-

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I was not recognized as a Hilton Honors member. I don't know about the other floors, but on the floor I stayed there not a readable exit sign to show how to get to the elevators. They need to get that fixed. The bed was comfortable. I ate breakfast in the restaurant, statuesque.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Big_Globe_Traveler

Dear Big_Globe_Traveler
Thank you for choosing to stay at my hotel recently; and for your contribution to the Trip Advisor community. The building is inspected as required by all city codes and continually passes inspection. Please let me know if you wish to discuss this, or any other aspect of your stay with us.
Thanks-Andy

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Rooms and rate were great. However, the staff treats you like a second class citizen with no rights and that you are lucky to be in their presence. I had to stand in front of the desk for 10 minutes before the lady behind the desk quit sending text from her phone. They could not and would not solve issues. Find another hotel in Aberdeen, MD.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ralph M
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hello Ralph M;
You're right, there are plenty of hotels in Aberdeen, and that is why I want to address this matter personally. Please call me at the hotel to discuss further.
410.272.1777