“No Smoking Confusion”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
folsom, United States
“No Smoking Confusion”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice looking, clean hotel however as an out of stater, this Maryland hotel allows smoking on the 5th floor. My room happen to be a smoking room, the ash trays and matches were dead give away. When moved to second floor, elevator was out so had to use the stairs during stay. Breakfast was not free, but the location of hotel was near a Panera Bread!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Betty Jo T
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for posting a short review for us Betty Jo T.
Just to clarify, the hotel has only 3 smoking rooms, which coincidentally are located on the 5th floor. I think you were also fortunate enough to be moved to the 2nd floor for your stay with us. Hope that wasn't a big inconvenience!
Thanks for taking a minute to share your post on TA; and hope you will consider staying with us if you come to the area again-
Andy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here on business for two separate weeks in July. Overall I was very pleased with my stay. It is located in a good location. There are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores nearby. The hotel is relatively new and well kept. I did not here any noises from the outside. The people running the front desk were friendly and gave some very good suggestions on place to eat. Breakfast was typical and not out of the ordinary. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Darrell E;
Thank you for taking a minute to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Sounds like you were comfortable and well taken care of while our Guest. We do appreciate you sharing those kind thoughts; thanks again!
Chapel Hill, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great place to stay and close to I 95. Good breakfast for $10 each the next morning. Good restaurants nearby--we ate at an Italian restaurant right across the street. Complimentary coffee a plus; helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Good morning Katharine D
We appreciate that you took the time to write a short review on your visit with us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community.
Southampton, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Garden Inns have become one of the hotels I look for when making a quick trip, and this one is right in line with the chain. Clean, comfortable, not overly fancy, but you are not paying a 4-star price either. Decent breakfast and small bar for the evening. Good option when visiting the Aberdeen area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi MikeMUSA!
Thanks for taking a minute to write an awesome review of your visit with us! Its appreciated by both our employees and future guests. The TripAdvisor community thanks you and so do we-
Cypress, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here two nights on business and this hotel lived up to the Hilton Garden expectation. The staff were very courteous and the overall facility was very good.

The room was very clean as well as the bathroom and the shower. I saw no issues with either one. The wall AC unit kept the room cool and there were no noises from any of the other rooms.

I used the workout facility and it had the stand treadmills, elliptical and stationary bike along with a set of free weights. The TVs and headphone jacks worked on the machines I used and the weight were clean and well kept.

I only ate breakfast in the hotel, but the food was good and I had no issues.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel if it rains. The frogs in the marsh on the east side were...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello, and thank you for the thorough review of your stay here. I hope this benefits the TA community. We have trained those frogs to sing, however, now that they know how to, its hard to keep them quiet at times, especially in the heavy rains that we've had here!
All kidding aside, thank you, and really; I never knew frogs lived over there. You are the first guest that's ever suggested that....
Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the this particular Hilton Gardens in Aberdeen Maryland. The hotel was quiet and clean. The room I stay in was the King Suite which was very spacious. The staff was courteous and my check-in process was fast, especially after being on the road for many hours. I recommend this the Hilton Gardens in Aberdeen if you have the opportunity to stay in Maryland. Love it!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Nice to hear that enjoyed being our guest as much as we enjoyed your company! Thank you for helping us to spread the word throughout the TripAdvisor community; we could not do it alone-
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Well, it was an HGI.... clean room, not too big or small, nothing memorable really. I've stayed here many times and will continue to do so when my first preference is unavailable. 1 big plus is that it's close to lots of eating options. See my photo of the standard room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi Anthony;
Thank you for your patronage and posting comments on TripAdvisor.
You mentioned that we are not your first choice. Please share who is, and most importantly, why? Just curious how we could become that hotel?
Thanks again
Andy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#5 of 16 in Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!