“Excellent for extended stay”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glendale, California
“Excellent for extended stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very nice, clean, new hotel. Rooms are fantastic. Clean, new furniture. Nice TV, decent internet connection. The doors use a proximity reader, which is nice. Nice thermostat in the room.

The room came with a kitchen. There is a dishwasher, a microwave, and a large fridge. You an request a portable stovetop with skillet, and it does the job. The place comes with all the utensils and plates you need. Walmart is within walking distance. I ate well and economically thanks to being able to cook.

The bathroom is pretty nice too. There is no tub but the shower has plenty of room and a modern feel.

There is a small gym with a couple treadmills, and some other basic equipment. It's stocked with clean towels and water. There is also a laundry room with a couple washers and dryers, and the rate is really good (50 cents per load!).

There is a pool but I didn't use it. They also sell some snacks and miscellaneous items at the front desk, but the selection isn't much. As far as I could tell there also aren't any restaurants or bars in the hotel.

The breakfast was also good. Decent variety of food. They have prepackaged items that you can heat up, and the packaging says which microwave preset to use. Breakfast area was busy but there was still enough room.

The people at the front desk were friendly and professional.

Be warned that there is no cleaning service on weekends unless requested or if it's your fifth day. Not a big deal really. I was pleasantly surprised when housekeeping washed my dishes... oh my. Or maybe they replaced them with clean ones. Either way, I thought that was above and beyond what's expected.

Considering its quality and proximity to APG, I think this is easily the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Bo G,

The best hotel in the area! We are honored that you think so! We've tried very hard to be the best in the area with our customer service, amenities and suites. We're all very happy that you had to chance to try out many of our services except for the pool. I hope next time that will be on your to-do list. We can not thank you enough for this review and your honest opinion of our hotel. We hope to have you as our guest again!

Tiffany M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Silver Spring, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a new option in the Aberdeen area. Room is ideal for a week-long stay - full kitchen amenities, including a good-sized fridge; also a good sofa and table for spreading out. Place was full, so good reviews travel fast. Only shortcoming is lack of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Gregory H,

We all hope Aberdeen decides to build up in our area. It would be nice to take a walk to a local diner or maybe even a movie! I'm glad you reviewed our hotel and allowed other potential guests see our value. We do hope if you're ever in the area you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We live close by and had to stay here due to a plumbing problem at home :(. What a terrific place! Loved the firepit. David at the front desk is awesome and went out if his way to help us! I hope we don't experience any more problems at home- but if we do, we'll come back here!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
sallyannd,

I'm sorry to hear about the plumbing issue at home :-(. I shouldn't say this, but I hope we don't have to see you again due to any home problems! I do hope, however, that you stop by just to say hi to David and the rest of the staff, since you're so close. I'm glad you took the time to write about our hotel and we appreciate all the good feedback! If you're ever in need of a conversation or a freindly smile, we hope you come to us.

Sunrise, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A great experience with a great staff ! I am in the area quite a bit and Home 2 has been one of my best experiences in the area. They are very aware of business and personal travelers and take are of all. Thank you again for a great trip experience!!!

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Jeffrey B,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We appreciate your review and are just delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our staff! I hope that your travel brings you back to our area again so that we may continue to be your favorite hotel choice for the Aberdeen area.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wonderful staff, a great breakfast and lounge space - - overall very good. Great for travelling teams including ours which was there for Cal Ripken. Great for families on a budget because of the kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you Karen b! We appreciate you taking your time to write about our hotel. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay while you and your team were traveling. We've come to find that a full size refrigerator could make all the difference when traveling with your children. I'm glad that you liked our breakfast and our oasis. If you travel back to Aberdeen we'd love to have you!

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a great place for a group. Nice gathering areas outside, including patio with grills and an gas-lit fire pit. We signed an agreement to keep all of the kids in check, and I think it resulted in a peaceful stay for the other guests. Breakfast was top-notch - a step above the usual hotel breakfasts. Rooms have kitchens and very large fridges should you want to prepare your own food on a longer stay.

Staff went out of its way to ensure a pleasant stay, including starting breakfast early so our team could get to the fields.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
PAKrafts,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel for us and others to see! I'm ecstatic that you were able to enjoy your stay as well as your group. Our outdoor gathering areas are usually rarely filled and to see all of you enjoying them made it a great time for our staff and guests. We're happy that you had a chance to enjoy our breakfast and get to your games on time. If travel ever brings you back to the area we hope to have you again!
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at this hotel. We stayed 3 nights. The breakfast was great! The service was top notch. The only problem I had is that I am traveling with a newborn and there isn't any bathtubs only shower stalls. The room is okay for no more than two people. Although it is a sweet it is kind of small and once you pull out the sleeper sofa it's really crammed. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Oh no! I'm sorry we didn't have a bathtub available for your newborn. I am glad, however, that you did have a great stay! Thank you for sharing your review of our property and allowing us to give you top notch service. We appreciate it and I'm sure our future guests do too!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#5 of 16 in Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen? Share your experiences!