“Great location”

Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I've stated at this property about a half-dozen times while traveling on business and have never had any issues. This is a newer property right off of I-95, which is convenient. The only downside is during the summer months when the Ripkin baseball camps are being conducted it's filled with loud children running around everywhere. Off-baseball camp season the hotel is great!

Downside: the breakfast buffet is pricey, but tasty!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2009

no Cofee except for in the morning to save a couple pennies a day and not lowering your rates is Really nickle and Diming people. 2 of the three Treadmills are broke. The employees are friendly but my company stopped going here simply because people are cofee dependent. Also the whole deal of not letting Pizza Delizery guys come to the room is really lame. I stay 50 plus nights a year at Marriotts and another 30 at other hotel chains and this one has not learned that the proper medium all other hotels have gone to is to call up to the persons room when the Pizza guy arrives to alert the person who is staying at the hotel and then let the Pizza Delivery guy up.. The upside is the staff is friendly the down side for this hotel is they lost over a $100K in buisness becuase of their cheapness.. This hotel went from Shiny and Brand new two years ago to A No Frills hotel..

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Took my wife on a business trip, and picked this location based on the Tripadvisor ratings. Unfortunately, only thing within 2 miles of the hotel, is the Cal Ripkin stadium... no restaurants, no shopping. Then to top it off, there were no washcloths in the bathroom, and NO heat. The hotel engineer tried for 1/2 hour to get heat to work, to no avail. We were told that the hallways were kept at freezing because the only thermostat for the hotel was on the 7th floor.
Do yourself a favor - stay at a B&B in Havre de Grace - they're just as close to APG as the Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I was traveling from New York down to DC on business and stopped at the hotel for the night. The hotel is beautiful with bright new colors and furniture. It is just off I-95 at exit 85, right next to Ripken Stadium. It is nice area which is not as developed as the east side of I-95. But I found everything I needed right at the hotel.

They have a great breakfast buffet at a reasonable price and the restaurant also serves lunch and dinner. They have a nice lounge with 2 flat screen tvs and a wonderful bartender. They also have a market, open 24 hours, with drinks, snacks and sundries, very convenient.

My room was wonderful, nice bright colors, very contemporary furnishings with free high speed internet and a nice desk for my laptop! The TV had a wide selection of channels as well as pay per view movies to choose from. The room had a great view of Ripekn Stadium. If you are a baseball fan, you will love it, as the entire hotel has a very subtle baseball theme. Most of the photographs in the hotel are of baseball and of course, the home town hero - Cal Ripken, Jr.

The staff at check in and check out was most helpful. I got directions to the local health club close by , along with a free pass. The next morning , I got directions and advice on how to make it around Baltimore on down to DC.

Anytime I am traveling through the area, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 June 2008

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Aberdeen, MD. This hotel exceeds my expectations of a hotel. Everyone went out of their way to make my stay a delight and as comfortable as can be. I am a Yankees fan and want all fans to know about this hotel. I have stayed at hotels in and around Baltimore City and found this hotel out does them all. The hotel is new and right off of Interstate 95. Easy to get to when heading to and from Baltimore.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 9 November 2007

There isn't a huge hotel selection in Aberdeen and as I was doing some work in a business park less than a mile from the Courtyard, it seemed like the place to stay. The hotel shares the same building with a Residence Inn - something I've never seen before, but other than its uniqueness, it didn't mean anything to me. The building is pretty new and everything is in good working order. I found the room to be attractive and the bathroom fully met my needs. Since I travel frequently, I have some room location requirements I always submit with my reservation. So since I don't want to be near elevators, I was quite surprised to find my room directly across from the elevator. The clerk changed my room to the end of the hall which as it turned out shared a wall with the ice machine/vending machine room - the other thing which I always try to avoid. Fortunately for me, since it was cold out and the hotel was pretty empty, there wasn't much demand for ice or soda. There was very limited hotel information in the room - no TV channel explanation at all. While I know this sounds really trivial, the hotel didn't care CBS at all and that really ruined one night's worth of entertainment for me. I know I'll be back in Aberdeen, but I'm unsure if I'll stay at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 October 2007

Excellent Hotel. After checking out of the filthy Days Inn in Aberdeen, we checked into this Courtyard. It was absolutely spotless. You could have eaten off the floor in the bathroom. Linens were spotless on the beds. Rooms were also spotless. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family