“Nice quiet hotel in the off season”

Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice quiet hotel in the off season”
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We enjoyed the Courtyard Marriott in Aberdeen for a short stay. We found a great deal on Priceline, and ended up with a room with two queens. Rooms are well furnished. We had a great view of Ripken Stadium.

Our rate did not include the breakfast buffet, so we brought our own. The pleasant staff was happy to sell us 8 oz bottles of milk.

A few downsides: no mirrors outside the bathroom, no microwave, bathroom floor not spotless.

For the most part, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Rooms were very clean. Had some problems with the room keys but it was resolved rather quickly. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was a little disappointing. Not up to the usual Courtyard standards. Probably not much turnover due to the time of year so it wasnt very good.

• Stayed February 2011
Queens, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I travel to APG quite often for work and decided to stay here due to its proximity to the main base...thats about all it has going for it.

The moment I walked in I knew there was trouble. I was told to enter in from the Residence Inn side due to flooding...After checking in and making my way to my hotel room I discovered that there was no internet service. I was like, ok fine, life could be worse and decided to move on. After a few hours I discovered there the AC were not functioning either...At this point I decide to go the front desk (phones were down) and found out all the failures were due to the flooding earlier and that they were working on it as fast as possible. All of this would still not warrant the 1 star rating as I am reasonable enough to understand technical issues businesses deal with.

So, why the Terrible rating?

For one, the interior of the hotel was disgusting, i saw garbage along the hallways as I walked to my hotel room.

And finally BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS. As I sat in bed with no AC or internet i noticed something crawling, ON MY BED. It was a bed which i promptly murdered with the sheets. I reported this to the front desk, who I will have to say were pretty good with dealing with all the angry customers and offered another room or another hotel. It being 11pm at night I decided to get another room...

Go elsewhere...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Dave_C_83
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2010

asked for reserved rollaway when checking in and was told they are not allowed. asked for extra bedding for teen that had to sleep on floor and was given 1 blanket! Nice to be in the park but will not stay here again. there are plenty of other, more accomodating hotels in town.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed at the Residence Inn and had a wonderful experience during a Ripken tournament. As grandparents and in spite of the many families, children and other activities about, we were never inconvenienced in any way. Slept well, ate well, room was comfortably cool in the midst of a heat wave - It was great!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
State College
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Stay here if you are visiting Aberdeen Proving Grounds. This is a great location that is very clean. They also have great amenities.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I've stated at this property about a half-dozen times while traveling on business and have never had any issues. This is a newer property right off of I-95, which is convenient. The only downside is during the summer months when the Ripkin baseball camps are being conducted it's filled with loud children running around everywhere. Off-baseball camp season the hotel is great!

Downside: the breakfast buffet is pricey, but tasty!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business