“If you love Baseball...!”

Residence Inn Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn at Ripken Baseball complex this past Friday, August 30th. If you love baseball or just a nice place to stay the Residence Inn is a great place to stay. There is a main stadium for the minor league affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles and another mini stadium behind the Hotel. There was a baseball tournament so there were games going on the whole time we were there. Amazingly, with all the kids there, it was not real rowdy and mostly all the kids I saw were well behaved.
The hotel was clean, the people that worked there were helpful and pleasant. Without asking, we were upgraded to a suite in the Residence Inn which was very nice with a kitchenette , a seating area separate from the bedroom, a fridge and microwave and 2 flat screen TVs. You can see the stadium from your room. Note- you're better off getting a room facing the smaller stadium with a better view of the action even though it's younger kids playing. Obviously if you want to go to experience a baseball atmosphere, make sure you go from May to August. We loved our stay and will return again next baseball season.

Room Tip: If there is a minor league game that night, it is not advisable to leave the hotel area/baseball co...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay. I love it here. Pros: awesome rooms, nice bathroom with bathtub. full kitchen and every thing you may need. Wi_fi. comfy bed, rollout couch/bed. Nice staff, Julio, Ana, Mia and Constance, say hi, they are so friendly.
Great breakfast, coffee and dinner Monday - Thursday. Guest laundry on tbe 3rd floor.
Cons: Parking is a bit far, pool is small, the hot tub wasn't working, but the facilities were clean. The fitness room is small and equipment needs updating. Hectic over the weekends around baseball season, with noisy guests and kids. Laundry dryier djx not dried all my clothes, even I ran it twice.
overall great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were in Aberdeen for the Cal Ripken World Series and were accommodated in the Residence Inn. We were sharing a room and one of us had to use the pullout sofa bed. For one night that may be acceptable but for 11 nights it wasn't good. My suggestion would be to go for the 2 bedroom suites for more than one person. The suite was fine it had everything you could need, a fridge, dishwasher and plenty of sitting area. The bed was comfortable and the amenities were good.
Apart from the pullout bed issue it was a good stay and I can't fault the hotel for it. The organisers were responsible for the rooming, not the hotel. I believe we would stay here again in the future should we travel to the tournament again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed in 2-bedroom/2-bath suite with sofa bed, facing the ball fields. Roomy suite, but not cleaned very well ... orange peels in the night stand drawer, Gatorade gel pack in the chair, popcorn in the sofa bed. Room was not ready at the 4:00 pm check-in time (and we're platinum Marriott members), so my baseball player had to change in the lobby bathroom in order to be ready for the opening ceremony of the tournament. Icemaker did not work in our freezer and the laundry facility wasn't good ... 3 washing machines and 2 dryers that took over an hour per load to dry (not enough machines when multiple baseball teams are washing uniforms each night). One night, one of the washing machines had an ink pen left in it and ink got all over uniforms and clothes ... most of the clothes were thrown away and uniforms - after much hard work late at night - were salvaged enough to be worn .... hotel manager suggest a claim be filed. I found it easier and quicker to just go to the laundromat in town. Sofabed was not comfortable (could feel the crossbar), so used it as a small couch to sleep on.

The hotel is literally part of the same building as the Marriott Courtyard and they share the same "small" indoor pool (note: keep in mind if you see pictures of the pool that part of the pool is the jacuzzi). Workout room is adjacent to pool, but view of pool is hard to see because windows between the two rooms get fogged up. You can go between the two hotels using your room key.

Full hot breakfast at the Residence Inn is included, but costs $$ at the Courtyard. And each evening at 5:30 pm, the Residence Inn provides for free a full dinner (Italian pasta one night, hamburger & hot dogs another night, chicken Ceasar salad, etc.) for its guests. During the week, the Residence Inn will place a plate of fresh cookies at the front desk for guests to enjoy before dinner.

Although the Courtyard has an arcade room and a lobby bar, guests at either hotel can utilize either of these amenities.

Before going, I had read reviews that stated parking was far from the hotel. I didn't find this to be true. Yes, parking is on the side of the building where the Courtyard is; however, you can gain access through the side door that leads into the Courtyard and then simply walk down the hall to the Residence Inn side. To unload/load the our vehicle, we parked by the front door and used a luggage cart.

We stayed for the week-long (Sun-Fri) tournament, which consisted of only 11 teams. Most teams stayed at the Courtyard or another hotel in town. So, the Residence Inn wasn't too busy nor noisy. Weekend tournaments as I was told by hotel staff are much, much more busier.

Because of how busy the hotel (and tournament) is on weekends, we had a hard time getting a late checkout (only asked for an extra hour). Initially, was told I could have it, but when I confirmed it later in the day with the front desk, they said managerment said no late checkouts. After much discussion with the manager, she said she would allow the late checkout, but I couldn't tell anyone.

Suggested to the hotel that since there are families that come with siblings that they should have an event planner who could coordinate games/activities for the siblings to do, as there's not much to do in town nor on the premises of the hotel and baseball fields.

Lastly, this hotel (nor the Courtyard) doesn't allow you to book a block of rooms for your team, which isn't convenient for families and required alot of calling to get everyone in the same hotel. If you can't get in when you first call, keep checking back ... got our last room for the team literally 2 weeks before the tournament.

Room Tip: Hotel is right at the ball fields for the Cal Ripken tournaments. Rooms facing baseball fields are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

my daughter and i stayed here while going to a game next door with the ironbirds. was great location to be able to walk right to the room and not have to fight the crowd leaving down the small one lane road leaving the stadium. price was high (had a government rate which brought the price down). room was nice looking into the ballpark. probably wouldn't stay here unless i was going to game. not much else around here but the ballparks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here for a lacrosse tournament and it is the most conveniently located hotel to Carsin's Run fields. Newer, very clean hotel. Free breakfast and coffee. Great views of the Cal Ripkin stadium. We will definitely stay here again. It is co-located with the Courtyard in the same building. They each have half the building.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for one of the cal ripkin tournaments. I really enjoyed my stay here! From the atmosphere to the baseball decor to the beautiful facility of the ballparks. I am even an unbiased mom because I do not have a boy! My daughter and I went to watch friends of ours son, so even as a "girl" mom, I was really impressed! Every room has baseball pictures and a decor that is all around baseball theme. I would even encourage a business traveler to take advantage of this atmosphere. I guess just be forewarned that at any given time there could be a bunch of kiddos!

My only two gripes would be that the pool is super gross! Like a floating germ infested pond and my daughter wanted to sleep on the sleeper sofa and when I pulled out the bed there was no mattress! This would of been a bigger deal if my husband was with us also, but since he wasn't, she slept in the king with me.

• Stayed: June 2013