“nice staff, comfortable beds”

Travelodge Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The front desk accepted a coupon we had for a $40 special on a Sunday without problems. At first we weren't sure how safe the area + how run down the hotel was , because the hallways look shady and old. But the rooms were spacious and quiet and the bed extremely comfortable.
The room could have been cleaned better though and there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the air (in a non smoking room). However, we ended up liking our stay due to the good location (proximity to restaurants, supermarket, gas station) and the good night sleep we had.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Travelodge Aberdeen. We had a lovely, and very large, room.The hotel is centrally located and the price very affordable. All the staff is exceptional and extremely friendly.The room was great- spacious with wifi. Breakfast was good and the location could not have been better for APG. Very close to Aberdeen Proving Ground.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I’ve stayed here couple of times and love it! Renovations are still in the works, but I believe they might be in the last phase. The room was clean and it was very comfortable with 2 queen beds. The price was right, service good, breakfast a real value and lots of parking at the front door. What more could you ask for?
I definitely would go back and especially for the deal we received. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Great Value – I work locally 2-3 days a week and stay there regularly. Best value in the area, good sized rooms , easy access, quick simple breakfast, friendly service, refig and WIFI. Not a 5 star hotel nor a place to meet other professionals in the business center, if you need that stay at the hilton two blocks away. But for the price, it is a great value, if you want the basics. Plus, I’m regularly WOWed by the quick and supportive service. For example, I was going to DC early in the morning with pouring rain and I did not have an umbrella, At breakfast I asked the night shift guy, if there was an umbrella I could barrow. He said wait a minute, then I saw him run out to his car and brought me his personal umbrella. On another day, my battery was dead (left lights on) and I was running late and about to call AAA and wait. The front desk person quick found someone on staff to jump my car. Also, the onsite restaurant (GRUMPY’s) is a great value and very convenient. Tuesday is my happy meal night (Half price burger & frys and a happy hour Beer or two) for under $10.

Room Tip: Some rooms have doors on both the inside and directly outside to parking. Easier to unload from a c...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffeemba
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Great hotel- very clean. Only disappointing item was breakfast- not much choice. In room fridge was a bonus!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Don't stay here! We were just looking for a place to crash overnight, nothing fancy, just a room with a clean bed. The room we were in was gross - unwashed bedding, dirty carpet and tub. We checked in, placed our bags in the room, left for a few hours and came back to find drug users in the parking lot. We told the guy at the front desk and he without further questioning refunded our money minus a $10 cleaning fee which is a joke considering the room wasn't even clean to begin with. He was not surprised nor concerned about the activity in the parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JS813
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This place is absolutely gross.Dirty, filty, smelly rooms, hair on pillows, no clean towels, Drug dealings going on in parking lot, Back Door in parking lot left open for anyone to come in. Not Safe!! This is a welfare hotel...Shady people walking around inside the hotel. We never stayed...we just left. Do not listen to anything postive about this place...I would never recommend anyone to stay here...we are from NY and felt very unsafe there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family